· Slap count: 0
· Last checked ID: 258
2023 SJHT Bass Classic participants

2023 SJHT Bass Classic Anglers final Day at Salem Canal 10-01-23
View Thread
 Print Thread
My boat?
ram1212
What do you guys think i could get for it, with a 74lb trolling, not my 112?

It is 17ft with 75hp on the back. Year is 1998 for boat and motor. Trailer has new tires.

I ask because someone wants to sell me their 20ft, 200 hp for a killer price. But no idea what sticker i should put on mine.
Edited by ram1212 on 12/17/2014

ram1212
NADA has it 4500-5500, no TM though...sound bout right?

Crappie Jon
I'd say around 4k - 4500, that's just from staring at craigslist for like the past 18 months..... My buddy with the 16ft skeeter with the 75 that I used in a few t's this year he bought for 3500. It ran great but was not in as good of shape as yours cosmetically (gel coat, carpet etc)so Uve got that going. On the flip side I know there are some people that refuse to buy a force motor due to bad history in their early years but if it runs without any flaws it shouldn't be an issue. What is the specs on the 20fter your lookin at? Always assume that ur gonna have to sink some more money into any used boat to get it up to par so keep that in mind. Good luck

Cliff notes version, don't sell it because I don't wanna have to consider buying it Shock
Edited by Crappie Jon on 12/17/2014
"2nd place is just the first loser"

ram1212
Crappie Jon wrote:
I'd say around 4k - 4500, that's just from staring at craigslist for like the past 18 months..... My buddy with the 16ft skeeter with the 75 that I used in a few t's this year he bought for 3500. It ran great but was not in as good of shape as yours cosmetically (gel coat, carpet etc)so Uve got that going. On the flip side I know there are some people that refuse to buy a force motor due to bad history in their early years but if it runs without any flaws it shouldn't be an issue. What is the specs on the 20fter your lookin at? Always assume that ur gonna have to sink some more money into any used boat to get it up to par so keep that in mind. Good luck

Cliff notes version, don't sell it because I don't wanna have to consider buying it Shock

Guess i didnt get as good of a deal last year as I thought. I paid 4500. I put about $2000 into right off the bat (like you said people usually do lol) so i have to get at least 6500 back to break even. Or strip it of my investments and put it on the new boat but i dont think the potential new one needs any of it.

Dont know many other specs other than 20ft and 200hp and its a 1999. I prefer not to list it public so someone doesnt buy it on me. If i decide not to do it lll be glad to share the guy's info with you, didnt know you were looking.

Crappie Jon
ram1212 wrote:
Crappie Jon wrote:

Guess i didnt get as good of a deal last year as I thought. I paid 4500. I put about $2000 into right off the bat (like you said people usually do lol) so i have to get at least 6500 back to break even. Or strip it of my investments and put it on the new boat but i dont think the potential new one needs any of it.

Dont know many other specs other than 20ft and 200hp and its a 1999. I prefer not to list it public so someone doesnt buy it on me. If i decide not to do it lll be glad to share the guy's info with you, didnt know you were looking.

I cant afford the fuel bill to start a 200 hp I meant ur boat now haha. And im not really looking i just need an outboard by march but theres a gray area somewhere in there on if its worth it or not to repower my boat or buy a different boat and sell mine. looney

PS, i could be wrong on the price, thats just the range i would put it in. I couldnt see it going for more than low 5's tho
Edited by Crappie Jon on 12/17/2014
"2nd place is just the first loser"

ram1212
Crappie Jon wrote:
ram1212 wrote:
Crappie Jon wrote:

I cant afford the fuel bill to start a 200 hp I meant ur boat now haha. And im not really looking i just need an outboard by march but theres a gray area somewhere in there on if its worth it or not to repower my boat or buy a different boat and sell mine. looney

PS, i could be wrong on the price, thats just the range i would put it in. I couldnt see it going for more than low 5's tho

Yeah, my research is showing the same thing though. May not be worth me selling it for the price unless i did it with the 75lb...That may leave me with more than i want to lay out for the new one...talking my self out of this as I type haha....The new boat at the price i got him down to someone will jump on it, i dont want to blow up the guy's spot though on the board.

BigNasty06
Also keep in mind, the likelyhood\ actual use of running that 200HP engine. Unless you're planning on going to the puff or out of state, that could be money saved vs. sticking with what you already have.

Me and my wallet like No monthly payments.

Food for thought.

Good luck,
BN06
BN06, President

fishintroop
Yeah Rob. I was in the same predicament last year. I was going to get a bigger faster better, then I really looked at how much I would actually use that big 200 and 20ft. That's either a lot of trips to the flats or out on the Big D.

BigNasty06
The way I look at things Robs, it's all about managing expectations vs. dealing with reality.

Unless, that boat at that sales prices is considered a steal and looking at your current fishing\ time on the water behaviour, weigh the pros and cons of going to a bigger, faster, smoother, and spacious boat.

If these benefits are worth the cost and your possibly increased time on the water, then map out (outside of our listed 2015 tournaments), those opportunities to truly take advantage of all of the new features of your boat that you would not have had with your old boat.

If the bottom line is "I just want a more bigger\powerful boat" than the decision is already made.

BN06
BN06, President

ram1212
Bigger and faster is what i want, especially if the deal is right. I have a tough time passing up good deal is also my problem. This one is right but I don't think i can get back what i need for mine (and dont really want to go through the effort) so i'm going to pass on this one for now. Who knows what will happen in January when I am really bored and everything is frozen though.

Joe Reed
When you get your new boat, just make sure it can get thru the cut at menatico.

ram1212
Joe Reed wrote:
When you get your new boat, just make sure it can get thru the cut at menatico.

Im fishing with you the next time we are there.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Pete *The Professor* Ingemi with 3 Bass weighing a Total 11.82 lbs
at UNION LAKE
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. David Snedeker
3. Jackson Fu
4. Jiggen Den
5. Mike Del Monico
6. Rob Masterson

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< April 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          
Users Online
· Guests Online: 13

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
Scooter 3 days
Riversofash5 4 days
BigNasty06 1 week
billylee 1 week
moe 3 weeks
Scotto53 4 weeks
topgunmatt1 7 weeks
rvansciver 9 weeks
fishintroop31 weeks
BluntedBassMike33 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI