2023 SJHT Bass Classic Anglers final Day at Salem Canal 10-01-23
View Thread
 Print Thread
NorthEast River, MD Club Results 05-20-12
BigNasty06
Place: NorthEast River, MD
Time: 5:45am-2:00pm
Date: Sunday, May 20, 2012
Weather: Gorgous 62 Degree start warming up to a comfy 80 Degrees; Calm Wind, Blue bird skies with an occasional breeze as the day progressed.
Water Temps: 73.4 early on; warming towards 76 Degrees
Water Clarity: Clear Visability down to 1.5'; Semi-Stained with areas clearer than others.
Wind Gusts: Pretty Calm 5~10mph
Best Lure: Kreatures; Traps, DS; and Crankbaits
Depths fished: 2.0'~7.5'
Bass Limit: 3

--------------------------------------------------------

Well, what can one say? The weather was ideal. The wind cooperated for most of the day. The number of entrants to our clubs yearly 2012 Tag Team Championship was pretty fair. The leisurely boaters and the sights were out and about. Even the bald eagles and osprey?s made close-up appearances.
This description could be no other than the NorthEast River, MD out of Anchor Marine

On Sunday, 05/20/12, SJHT had 16 members travel southward once again to take in the sights and sounds of the land of the 10lbers!! Of these 16 anglers, we had 7 Teams of 2-anglers compete for the much coveted 2012 SJHT Tag Team Belts. With the recent weeks fishing reports and Monster Large Mouth Bass being caught, anglers were swinging for the fences and hoping to catch Moby Dick!! Little did we expect but there were 4-5 other clubs fishing that day expecting the same thing!!! LOL!! But all is good in the land of the Giants!!

Departing the house a little after 3:10am, I made my usual stops at Wawa and picked up some coffee and Turkey sandwiches. Arrived at Anchor Marine around 4:45amish. Met up with my Tourney Director and Tag Team partner 3 out of the last 3 attempts, the infamous Jiggen Den. On the water by 5:10amish. Met up and Corralled the rest of the SJHT members in a corner of the marina. We officially blasted off around 5:43am. Having only been here on 1 other occasion, I really did not have any spots to flex my Avenger powers, but after chatting with the Avatar (i.e. Master of Wind, Earth, Fire, Water, and now Ink bending), I was led down a path where my strengths would somewhat show later in the day. My partner and I definitely wanted to work key points and specific drop-offs. Noticing the amount of boat traffic up close near the marina, we ventured outward from the North East and played it safe, but then realized there was a reason for the bumper car area. We used various techniques and were getting slight pick-ups ever so gently. I lost a good one when I thought it was another perch playing with my line. Not until I reeled my DS in slowly did I see the Huge belly and flash of a Good 4lber~5lber. As Jiggen Den was ready with the net, I knew I didn?t really have a good hook set into this monster, just as he reached with the net, the fish jumps off never to be seen again. Oh well?such is fishing! Our day continued on with more near misses, but as the day wore on, the bite also somewhat died down. My lone keeper came about Mid-morning in an area far away from where others were catching there limits. Catching 15? Largemouth Bass is fun compared to our jersey keepers but the soft pick-ups takes a little to get use to.

Alright without further delay, let?s give a big shout out to the now 2 Time SJHT Tag Team Champs, the team of Kyle *WallHanger* S. and his brother Kerry *Big856K* S. for catching a limit each of 6 Bass weighing a total of 23.02lbs. Overall 1st place went to Kyle with 3 Bass weighing 12.04lbs. 2nd Place and Lunker went Kerry with 3 Bass weighing 11.16lbs and Lunker going 4.96lbs. Third place went to Chris N. with 3 Bass weighing 9.67lbs.. Congrats to the brothers of WallHanger and the Big856K Squad for once again proving that bodies of waters mean *NOTHING* when it comes to knowing how to fish, bring fish in, and cash checks!!! Way to go men!!! Chris N...way to show Jackson the way from the back of his boat!!! LOL!!

NorthEast River, MD Tale of the Tape:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/NORTHEAST%20RIVER%20MD/IMAG1053.jpg

Overall 1st place Kyle:

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/NORTHEAST%20RIVER%20MD/IMAG1043.jpg

Overall 2nd Place Kerry:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/NORTHEAST%20RIVER%20MD/IMAG1051.jpg

The above are this year?s 2012 SJHT Tag Team Champs: Belt and pics will be presented by the next Tournament.

Overall 3rd Place Chris:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/NORTHEAST%20RIVER%20MD/IMAG1042.jpg

Other notable angler pics:
Weigh-in
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/NORTHEAST%20RIVER%20MD/IMAG1041.jpg

Jackson:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/NORTHEAST%20RIVER%20MD/IMAG1042.jpg

Big Al:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/NORTHEAST%20RIVER%20MD/IMAG1044.jpg

Crappie Jon:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/NORTHEAST%20RIVER%20MD/IMAG1049.jpg

Jiggen Den:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/NORTHEAST%20RIVER%20MD/IMAG1048.jpg

BN06:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/NORTHEAST%20RIVER%20MD/IMAG1046.jpg

Hal:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/NORTHEAST%20RIVER%20MD/IMAG1038.jpg

Jay:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/NORTHEAST%20RIVER%20MD/IMAG1040.jpg

Jimbo:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/NORTHEAST%20RIVER%20MD/IMAG1039.jpg

As one can see by the Tale of the Tape, some SJHT anglers were on them, while others got a bit into the action, while others were catching under the 15? length requirement. One key thing to point out were the nice weights avg. per fish. Overall, there were 22 LMB weighed in giving a total of 67.76lbs. The avg. bass weighed in at 3.08lbs.. Not too shabby giving our 1st venture as a club to these neck of the woods. The number of bass in or near the 4lber category were about 4 total. Anglers reported some good action but with the wind blowing out of the NE, I think it had an effect on the incoming tide. Many of the early day bass being caught were seen to be farther out on the ledges\drop offs. In any case, SJHT I believe represented well and are gradually earning there stripes to be in the discussion of the Cowan Brothers. LOL!!!

Traffic Jam in Parking lot:

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/NORTHEAST%20RIVER%20MD/IMAG1037.jpg

Note: Shout out goes to the SJHT officers (Jimbo, Jay, and Jiggen Den) for helping, collecting, and running a smooth weigh-in. That parking lot and getting rigs in and out the water can be hectic, but thanks to you guys, your work and support does get noticed. Thanks guys!!

Next up for SJHT will be the re-opening of our NJ Regular club schedule Sat. June 16, 2012 at Cooper River Park.

Tight Lines,
BN06
Edited by BigNasty06 on 05/21/2012
BN06, President

cpalmer
congrats to all how cashed checks and found fish..... Me on other hand was planning on fishing with my buddy in his 20 ft hydrosport but I miss understood our club rules and had to bring my boat.... With not getting a bite in Marina and playing bumper boats I venture off and the wind picked up and was taking some waves over the front with No pump out I called it quits ........ Shit happens again Congrats to all how caught em....

jiggin den
Congrats to Kyle and Kerry, what a bag!!! Jackson & Chris, another killer bag!!! Way to go guys, and congrats to all the fish catchers. A big thanks to BN having me as his partner. Like I said before being out there, just being able to fish and having the comradery to boot is awesome! And the weather cooperated. If we have something like this next year, what do you guys think about having it on a week day? we would have to take a day off from work, but we would have the place to ourselves and not have to wait 45 min to get our boat out of the water. Just a thought.

Jiggin Den

bama
Great job everyone who made it out. I wish I could have been there I had a communion part for my daughter. Way to catch them.

Kyle
jiggin den wrote:
Congrats to Kyle and Kerry, what a bag!!! Jackson & Chris, another killer bag!!! Way to go guys, and congrats to all the fish catchers. A big thanks to BN having me as his partner. Like I said before being out there, just being able to fish and having the comradery to boot is awesome! And the weather cooperated. If we have something like this next year, what do you guys think about having it on a week day? we would have to take a day off from work, but we would have the place to ourselves and not have to wait 45 min to get our boat out of the water. Just a thought.

Jiggin Den

im all for fishing down there on a week day.

Chris n
it was a great day out there until me and jackson had to run back to the north east. once we turned the corner of charlestown it was like the ocean. we plowed on through it and got soaked. But we had a great time out there and caught a few fish.

congrats kyle and kerry on the belt and 1st and 2nd you guys had a great bagthumbup
to fish or not to fish...what a stupid question

jackson
Congrats to Kyle and Kerry, hell of a bag. clap Look forward to going down there again.

Kyle
thanks guys, it was definitely one of the best days me and my brother have ever had fishing. congrats to chris n and jackson on having some real nice bags. clap

Crappie Jon
Congrats on the nice bags guys. After running way past all the winning fish in the bass bowl and it being Trappers first time there we decided t stay near Anchor and fish it hard. It didnt work out so well...damit We did the best we could to scrape up the 2 we got. Overall it was a fun time out there. Place id still awesome though and i cant wait to go back

ram1212
Awesome bag Kyle and Kerry! Man that must have been a fun day!

I was CLUELESS out there! Finally had a good fish that came off under a dock by the ramp. Story of my last two TX's. Oh well it happens.

Congrats to the winners and other fish catchers. I look forward to seeing you guys in June.

lipripper
Nice job guy s sorry to miss it.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Rob *Black Cloud* Masterson with 3 Bass weighing a Total 11.94 lbs
at NORTHEAST RIVER MD
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. Dennis Tolentino
3. Jackson Fu
4. Rob Masterson
5. David Snedeker
6. Mike Del Monico

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< May 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Users Online
· Guests Online: 10

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
Scooter02:32:00
BigNasty06 1 day
Scotto53 1 day
topgunmatt1 4 days
Riversofash5 3 weeks
billylee 4 weeks
moe 6 weeks
rvansciver12 weeks
fishintroop34 weeks
BluntedBassMike36 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI