Water Temps: 72 Degrees at start and warming to 75.5 Degrees;
Water Clarity: Less than 2.0'
Water current and Level: Down somewhat all over; Wood sticking out of water
Best Lure: Finess worms; Dropshot;
Depths fished: 2.0'~ 5.0'
Bass Limit: 3

----------------------------------------------

So Shall it Be.... Release the Cracken!
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/2010_SJHT_Classic_Day1-_Newton_lake-_09-25-10.JPG

Can I get a AMEN!!! What will go down as one of the toughest bites on record and the 2010 SJHT Classic Championshp belt up for grabs, SJHT members are welcoming the Fall season.

www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/2010_SJHT_AOY_MIA_Belts-_09-26-10.JPG

I'm really quite speechless as far a writing something regarding this weekends performance... Heck... Lets go to the Tale of the Tape

www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/2010_SJHT_Bass_Classic_Championship_Tale_of_Tape-_09-26-10.JPG

Yeah.... 2.06lbs was leading after a horrendous Day 1 Bite at Newton Lake. However these guys were able to at least bring something to the scales.....

Rob "Ram1212"
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/2010_SJHT_Classic_Day1_Robs_1lber-_09-25-10.JPG

Jay's Day 1 Lunker... 1.57lbs
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/2010_SJHT_Classic_Day1_Newton_Jay_Lunker_1_57lbs-_09-25-10.JPG

Bills Keeper 1.21lbs....
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/2010_SJHT_Classic_Day1_Newton_Bills_1_21lbs-_09-25-10.JPG

So... Yes....The fishing at Newton Lake has been very slow since we last visited there back in the Middle of August.
--------------------------------------------------------
Day 2
Place: Cooper River Park, Collingswood, NJ
Time: 6:30am-2:30pm
Date: Sunday, September 26, 2010
Weather: Cooler 60's Degree morning start rising to 77
Water Temps: 69 Degrees near Train Tracks; 74 Degrees in main body of water
Water Clarity: Less than 2.0'
Water current and Level: Down all over; Wood sticking out of water
Best Lure: Finess worms; Dropshot;
Depths fished: 2.0'~ 5.5'
Bass Limit: 3

Day#2 at Cooper River Park for some was even worse. So bad...that we had some 2nd Day No-Shows and early departures....but the show must go on!!!

Here are pics of the Day#2 at Cooper River Park...

Oh...before I forget please congratulate James *Jimbo* M. on winning his 1st SJHT Bass Classic Championship and celebrating in due fashion!!!!

Jimbo...impersonating Stallone!!!
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/2010_SJHT_Bass_Classic_Champ_Jimbo-09-26-10.JPG

Posing with all of his Bass...
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/2010_SJHT_Classic_Champ_3_85lbs-_09-26-10.JPG

2010 SJHT AOY- Bill *The Hammer* Leach
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/2010_SJHT_AOY_Bill_Leach-_09-26-10.JPG

2010 SJHT Most Improved Angler- Justin *Bass Steeler* Leach
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/2010_SJHT_Bass_Classic_Justin_MIA_Belt-_09-26-10.JPG

2010 SJHT Rookie AOY- Kyle *Speedy* Serduk
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/2010_Rookie_AOY_Kyle_Serduk-_09-26-10.JPG

2010 SJHT Bass Classic Participant Group Photo
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/2010_SJHT_Bass_Classic_Group_Photo-_09-26-10.JPG

2010 SJHT Award, Plaque, and Belt images
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/2010_SJHT_Award-_Plaques-_Belts_Photo-_09-26-10.JPG

Rob's Day#2 Bass..
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/2010_SJHT_Class_Rob_1_26lbs-_09-26-10.JPG

Dale's Day#2 3 Bass...
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/2010_SJHT_Classic_Dale_3_58lbs-_09-26-10.JPG

Jiggen Den's 2 Bass.
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/2010_SJHT_Bass_Classic_Jiggen_Den_2_01lbs-_09-26-10.JPG

Jay's Day2 Lunker Bass...
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/2010_SJHT_Bass_Classic_Jay_2_88lb_Bass-_09-26-10.JPG

Congrats again to Jimbo for taking my $$$ and catching better quality Bass vs. your Newton .88lb Bass!!! I know personally you've put your Time on the Water this season... so I tip my hat off to you!

Guys....even with a drastically reduced schedule in 2010 along with the extreme 53+ Days in the 90's, we were still able to compete and Do What we Do!!!

Thanks for making this my 3rd Season as President exciting, enjoyable, and a box of chocolates... Arighty..now I'm starting to sound like Forest Gump!!! Time for some much needed rest, sleep, and next home project.

I'll write more maybe on Monday... I'm Beat!!

Peace,
BN06

Edited by BigNasty06 on 09/26/2010
BN06, President

jiggin den
Congrats to Jimbo on winning the Classic! Tough one to say the least, and boy is he the king of Drop Shotting! One day I'll get that technique down! And a big congrats to Bill on taking AOY 2010! Nice going Kyle for first in rookie standings. And last but not least thanks BN for another fantastic job as Pres. and John & Jay doing a great job at the scales. If I missed anyone sorry but thank you too!!

Jiggen Den

ram1212
Congrats Bill & Jimbo on your wins!

Thanks to BN & Jay for running a great season once again!

Can't wait for next season which is 179 days away. Haha, love that counter.
Edited by ram1212 on 09/27/2010

BigNasty06
jiggin den wrote:
Congrats to Jimbo on winning the Classic! Tough one to say the least, and boy is he the king of Drop Shotting! One day I'll get that technique down! And a big congrats to Bill on taking AOY 2010! Nice going Kyle for first in rookie standings. And last but not least thanks BN for another fantastic job as Pres. and John & Jay doing a great job at the scales. If I missed anyone sorry but thank you too!!

Jiggen Den

I hear ya Jiggen Den and Rob....Greatly appreciated. hi

You are the dedicated ones that come out each and every tournament. Although it was a tough Bass catching year for alot of people (including myself), I still feel there's a thing to learn from even a poor outing. I'm still scratching my head on the Newton issue. Hopefully the winter season will allow our favorite lakes to cool off a bit and reload with some nice ones for 2011.
BN06, President

jimbo
Thanx guys!!
I still can't believe I won the Classic with 3 fish for 4.69... looney Man that was some tough fishing! BTW BN I checked my phone I called you at 2:03pm! I caught my biggest fish with just 30 minutes to go! pray Never give up!

I would like to send out some shout outs: to Bill for a super year, man you just kept swinging! thumbup To Brian for being mister consistance! Year in and year out you are the man to beat... To Den, There is no questioning your dedication! Out there with one arm all season, Insperational clap To Rob for being the true IRONMAN, Way to put them miles on your Hummer! To John and Jay for doing a thankless job with the utmost professionalism! BTW nice finish Jay, Hope that finish carries over to next year!! To Big Al "Joker" thanx for the comic relief! To Dale way to rock Tim's boat, and not coming to Newton. itsok To Justin "most improved" enough said... To Wayne and Wayne jr I hope to see more of you next year! Wayne you sure know how to catch them hawgs... thumbup To Trap way to catch some real nice fish! With a lil more luck you could be right there! To the rookies I'm looking forward to fending you guys off next year! Kyle and Chris you guys are going to really amp up the compition.... yup

I want to give a real big shout out to Terry for being my mentor! I've learned so much from you in these few years!!! THANK YOU... If the club scene isn't for you next year I hope you still come out and fish with us/me!!!!

Last but not least "the Prez" what can I say, you the MAN Big Nasty! You make all the hard decisions! You also bring something to this club thats hard to put in words, but if I had to put it in a word I'd say Friendship!!! clap
Jimbo

BigNasty06
Alright Jimbo.... The Check is in the mail!!! Pfft

Wait a minute... You recieved that on Sunday at the end of the Classic!!! LOL!!! Hope the wife enjoyed the Bone Fish Grill Dinner!!! Tell her....you worked hard not only during the regular course of the season, but actually took off work to fish the Classic!!! woohoo

Great Summary and acknowledgement to those in the club....especially the Rookies...

BN06
BN06, President

ram1212
Everything well put Jimbo and thanks for the shout out! My hummer thanks you also.

Once a week this club presents me with a chance to forget about the stress of everyday work life and gives me a different/relaxing challenge each week or every other. Even when the bite is tough and I am standing for hours without a hint of fish in the area, I still wasnt thinking about the stress of work and the goal was accomplished. Sometimes stressing/itching about catching a fish is actually a relief if thats all your stressing about at that time. These TX's are a great outlet for me, the drives included. I am sure many of you share the same feeling. Man, it's going to be a long off season!

Kyle
Congats Jimbo on winning the Classic, you earned it. I wished I could have fished it, but i'll definitly be there next year. Also congrats to Bill on winning A.O.Y., Rob on winning IronMan, you definitly have some long drives during the season, Justin on winning most improved, JigginDen for fishing even with a bad shoulder, your a trooper, BN06 thanks for letting me join even though the season was almost over, and last but not least to Chris for getting me involved with fishing tournements and getting me in this club. I had alot of fun this year fishing with everyone and I can't wait till next seasonSmile

BASS HOPPER
Congrats Jimbo on winning the classic!!!

jimbo
Thanx Brian, Rob, Kyle, and all! I had a great time this year and can't wait til next year's Tourney's start!!! woohoo
BTW Bn I took the Wife and kids to Texas Roadhouse Sunday night! I picked out a 20oz ribeye and celebrated...thumbup
Jimbo

lipripper
congrats Jimbo you did real good this year thanks for all the tips. I'll try not to miss any more tournaments, that might be hard with the twins next year but the boss (wife) says I can fish as of now. lol. Thanks to all for the fun times and thanks to Tim rawdognbail for the use of the boat. I might as well come clean now I am not sure how many times I did this but I know at rainbow lake I was throwing back 12" fish for some reason I thought it was 13" I think you all will get a kick out of that. thanks again for a fun season see you all down the road.

Basser995
Congrats to Jimbo on winning the CLASSIC! Great job on a tough bite! Big Congrats also to "The Hammer" way to catch em all year long- thats impressive! Justin- Super job- its got to be hard fishing behind your dad- and yet you did it and did it well- most improved- absolutely! Jay and John--the best weigh in team out there! BN- thanks again for doing an awesome job and running this whole show, it aint easy but it is apprecaited by all of us! Thanks to everybody else in the club- you guys are great to fish with and I am looking forward to seeing you all again next year.

trapper
Cograts to all who came week in and week out and worked hard all season even when the bite was tough. A big thank you to BN, Jay, and John ! See everybody next season.clapthumbuphi

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Dennis *Jiggen Den* Tolentino with 3 Bass weighing a Total 8.36 lbs
at LUMS SP
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. Jackson Fu
3. Dennis Tolentino
4. David Snedeker
5. Mike Del Monico
6. Rob Masterson

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< April 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          
Users Online
· Guests Online: 11

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
BigNasty0607:43:35
Scooter 6 days
Riversofash5 6 days
billylee 1 week
moe 3 weeks
Scotto53 4 weeks
topgunmatt1 7 weeks
rvansciver10 weeks
fishintroop32 weeks
BluntedBassMike34 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI