2023 SJHT Bass Classic Anglers final Day at Salem Canal 10-01-23
View Thread
 Print Thread
Newton Lake Results 08-14-10
BigNasty06
Place: Newton Lake, Collingswood, NJ
Time: 2:00pm-9:00pm
Date: Saturday, August 14 , 2010
Weather: Comfy 69 Degree morning start, Warming up to respectable 84 Degrees with bright Blue Bird skys.
Water Temps: At Start 79 degrees warming up to 82
Water Clarity: Less 1.5'
Wind Gusts: Sporatic 5-10mph winds
Best Lure: Wish I really Knew!!
Depths fished: 2.0'~5.0'
Bass Limit: 3

-----------------------------------------------------------

What can I say? Momma said there would be days like this. I will save everybody the suspense as my Head is still thrombing from this Arse whooping Newton Lake bestowed on the majority of the field. I'm really speechless on this one!!! FishGod... Thanks for the heads up!!!

Today SJHT had 18 members and 2 guest come out to compete for our 2010 inaugral SJHT Tag Team belts. Well...what was suppose to be followed by a time of good Masso's Hoagies\Pizza along with Beverages, this event was nothing like I had envisioned. There were barely any bites, nibbles, pick-ups, or even a sniff from these invisible Bass. Those that did get bit stated that it was a pretty much one and done deal. There were really no specific times of the day, laydowns, lilly-pads, or even out in the middle areas to which to develop ANY Type of a pattern.

Without further adieu and the embarassement, please get a shout out to Brian *Bass Hopper* S. for taking 1st place with 2 Bass weighing 2.20lbs. Yes... that is correct!! LOL!!! Second place and Lunker was won by our very own Jay *Smelly Hooker* N. VP and weigh Master with 1 Bass weighing 1.57lbs. Third place was taken home by second year member Rob *Ram1212* M. with 1 Bass weighing 1.23lbs! Gentlemen, Congrats and way to get on the scoreboard!

Bass Hoppers winning catch:
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/Newton_Lake_B-Hopper_1st_place_2_20lbs-_08-14-10.JPG

Jay *SmellyHooker* 2nd Place & Lunker bag:
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/Newton_Lake_Jay_2nd_Place_1_57lbs-_08-14-10.JPG

Newton lake Tale of the Tape:
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/Newton_Lake_Tale_of_the_Tape-_08-14-10.JPG

Note: Enlarged...so that you can feel the pain that I'm still feeling as I type this!!!

Bonus pic of Bill *The Hammer* L., his lady, and son Justin aka *Bass Steeler*
www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/medium/Newton_Lake_Bill-_His_girl-and_Justin-_08-14-10.JPG

What more can I really say? As Russell Simmons of Def Comedy Jam would say, "God Bless and Thank you for coming out. Good Night".

The Tale of the Tape pretty much somes everything up. A total of 7 Fish caught for a total weight of 7.52lbs. You guys can do the average! WTF is happening to our South Jersey Lakes?

Thanks again for all members and guest for coming out to Battle at the Newt! Since the results were not what any of us were expecting, the Belts will remain in the vault to make an appearance sometime in the near future!!!

Going to bed now!

See you guys\gals in 2 weeks at the Pink in the Stink!! Assunpink Lake.

BN06
Edited by BigNasty06 on 08/15/2010
BN06, President

jiggin den
Congrats Brian on another win! I thought I told you no rattle traps or senko's allowed!LOL Nice going Brian, I should have listened to you when you said no Jigs allowed! I had one dink on a crank bait. and that was it for the rest of the day/night. Did you get them on senko? Congrats to Jay on taking second and Rob on third. Way to hang in there. Me and BN threw everything and every color in every kind of cover. Where the hell were the fish?????????? Stll had a blast fishing with BN.

Jiggin Den

BigNasty06
Same here Jiggen Den!!! Too bad we could not figure them out. Those that went towards the railroad bridge also had a tough time. When 2.20lbs wins a tournament on a suppose to be good Lake....you know things were tough.

Thanks for having me on the back of your yacht and providing the cookies and drinks.

BN06
BN06, President

ram1212
I got mine on a 5in senko swimmer, - watermelon/black.
I started with black and blue, then to a spinner bait with no success. Made the switch to the watermelon and caught 3 dinks, the keeper and another dink within 30-40 minutes of the switch. Then it died again.

I hung around the same area (the park and down to the last little bridge) until almost 7pm I think and then started working my way back up with no more results. The ones I found were in or around the pads with heavy green nasty stuff ontop of the water. It didn't last as long as I thought it was going to though once i thought I had them.

BASS HOPPER
jiggin den wrote:
Congrats Brian on another win! I thought I told you no rattle traps or senko's allowed!LOL Nice going Brian, I should have listened to you when you said no Jigs allowed! I had one dink on a crank bait. and that was it for the rest of the day/night. Did you get them on senko? Congrats to Jay on taking second and Rob on third. Way to hang in there. Me and BN threw everything and every color in every kind of cover. Where the hell were the fish?????????? Stll had a blast fishing with BN.

Jiggin Den
LOL thanks Den it was definitely a tough day and never imagined that every one was having a bad day like I thought I was having. I fished the whole place and I only had bites in one spot about 1 to 2 foot wide area under the first dock. My first fish wraped me around the dock and came undone and the 2 keepers and 2 shorts came from the same spot and that was after I noticed all the dragonflies and not getting any more bites that I finally stoped using the stuff I had plannyuped on using for the day and got out some pumpkin seed senkos so the answer to your ? is yes on the senko.

BigNasty06
Did anyone venture and get any bites down by dam area? I know with the incoming water flow and the deeper pockets, fish tend to ball up somewhat right outside the current. Any luck there guys?

I know that we have no control over what the fish do, but I'm really hoping for a better hook up and catch ratio come our 2 Day Bass Tournament. Shock

BN06
BN06, President

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Dennis *Jiggen Den* Tolentino with 3 Bass weighing a Total 8.36 lbs
at LUMS SP
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. Jackson Fu
3. Dennis Tolentino
4. David Snedeker
5. Mike Del Monico
6. Rob Masterson

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< May 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Users Online
· Guests Online: 12

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
BigNasty0614:01:29
Scooter 1 week
Riversofash5 1 week
billylee 2 weeks
moe 4 weeks
Scotto53 5 weeks
topgunmatt1 7 weeks
rvansciver10 weeks
fishintroop32 weeks
BluntedBassMike34 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI