· Last checked ID: 258
2023 SJHT Bass Classic participants

2023 SJHT Bass Classic Anglers final Day at Salem Canal 10-01-23
View Thread
 Print Thread
SJBCA Meeting Notes. Wed. Sept. 21, 2016
BigNasty06
Good morning SJHT members.

On Wednesday night September 21, 2016, I attended the monthly SJBCA 3rd Wednesday of the month meeting down at the 4th Ward Clubhouse...

Member Turnout was Fair with 16 Bass Clubs reps in attendance.

SJBCA Officers and Bass Clubs in attendance:
Fred Lentz- President (South Jersey Hawg Hunters)
Joe Hoban- 1st Vice President (South Jersey Bass Stalkers) N/A
Rob Kunze- 2nd Vice President (Cumberland County Bass Bassmasters) N/A
Stu Cohen- Treasurer (South Jersey Kayak Fishing CluCool N/A
Al Franchetta- Secretary (Cumberland County BassMasters)
Joe Franswa - Tournament Director - (Tidewater Bassers)
Rashawn Lewis- Director 1 (South Jersey Hook This)
Mike Graham- Director 2 (4th Ward Bass Anglers);

*Approval of July 20, 2016 General Meeting minutes as documented in handout.

Guest in attendance and Special presentations:
* None

Officers Report:
* Secretary: Al Francehetta
1. Club Member rosters for purpose of Bass Bowl Team member as on file July 2016 will be utilized. If not, previous years roster from club will be used (if it wasn't submitted) which I did submit back in March 2016 for our season.

* Treasurer Report: Stu Cohen
* Finanacial report
* N/A available due to absentee

* Tournament Director: Joe Franzwa
* Bass Bowl Discussion at upcoming Salem Canal T. on Sunday, Oct. 16, 2016. 7am-3pm.
* Safety issues on water and pullng into boat ramp area.
*Speed restrictions with possible 50 Plus Boat Field
*Weigh-In Procedures and retrieval of ones rig while boat is waiting to be loaded onto trailer.

* 1st Director: Rashawn L.
* Deferred to New Business area.

* 2nd Director: Mike G.
- Nothing new to report

* 2nd Vice President: Rob K.
- N/A Absent

* 1st Vice President: Joe H.
- N/A Absent

*President: Big Fred Lentz
- Riverside Bass Club Disbanded. Oct. 2, 2016 Open Buddy Tournament removed from SJBCA Conflict List.
- 9.9HP Restriction Sign posted at Union Lake as it has been documented that Out of Staters are running wide open there Higher Power HP engines.
[/b]
-
Committee Reports:
Audit Committee- New 2016 committee was form to include: John Sullivan, Mike Riordan, and Robert Jack
* Nothing to report

Scholarship Committee:
- MaryAnne Franchetta, Mike Riordan, and Me.
- Lewis discussed not expanding to other North Jersey counties as the majority of membership is in South and Central Jersey. This does not exclude any student out of state or in those counties from applying....Just No email notification will call to those High School Counselors.

[b]Flea Market Committee:
Coty Camp, Joe Hoban, Al Franchetta, and Stu Cohen
*2017 scheduled back at the ELKS Lodge in Millville, NJ.

CLUB Business:
* Weigh-In Trailer-
Registration currently in Joe Hoban's name but will be transferring to Joe Franzwa's name since that's where the trailer resides now.

Youth Fishing Activities:
* Youth Outdoor Day brought out 161 Kids out of the 216 that had originally registered in June 2016. Not sure of why there 55 NO-SHOWS.
*Always the 3rd Saturday in Month of August.
*Fred stated he was stepping down as the Coordinator for this event after 16yrs of doing it. So a New Coordinator will be needed. Looking for New Volunteers.

Tournament and Lake News:
* Lewis Re-stated the Warning from Fish and Game regarding the Toxic like Algae growth at Manasquan Reserviour and to not to eat the fish. This was first reported via NJ.com and by fellow SJ Hook This member Matt R. regarding the article and potential Restrictions going forward.
* Lewis informed all SJBCA Club Reps of the New Requirements when holding a Bass Tournament out of NorthEast, MD Anchor Marina. Due to Maryland's DNR and Anchor Marina's new Oxgyenated Holding Tanks, a $2.00 per boat should be collected and given to the Anchor Marina Rep at the end of that clubs event to offset the cost used to build, maintain, and service the new setup we utilized this past Aug. 2016 Tournament. Going into 2017, I'm not sure what this means for future Club Tournaments regarding Permits given out and staggering the weigh-in process and how many T's will be allowed on that given day. For SJHT, this may mean just making the NorthEast Tournaments sometime during the weekday like we do for our May Tournaments. More to come as the end of the fishing year approaches.
*Cooper River is back open to Club\Tournament Fishing as Fred reported the buoys and feeder tubes have been removed from there Dredging project. One can now fish past the Rt. 130 overpass.
* Stewart Lake- As reported by numerous anglers and our very own Bill *The Hammer* Leach, Engineers are repairing 3 big Holes down near the Dam area and it's restricted there. The water level like many other bodies of water, is SUPER LOW. The area left of the boat Ramp heading near the back creek is apparently all dried up. So angler beware. Water has also been lowered due to the Dam repair with No estimated time of completion.

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2016%20SJHT%20CLUB%20PHOTOS/KIMG0018_zpse4ohsevu_edit_1474562163109_zpsqxjnkxxu.jpg

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2016%20SJHT%20CLUB%20PHOTOS/KIMG0021_zps8zrzvlok_edit_1474561287031_zpsrcl9mmm6.jpg

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2016%20SJHT%20CLUB%20PHOTOS/KIMG0019_zpsublkqqhd_edit_1474561265110_zps1eebdeya.jpg

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2016%20SJHT%20CLUB%20PHOTOS/KIMG0023_zps3m2hprbj_edit_1474561164069_zpskdwkvsgs.jpg

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2016%20SJHT%20CLUB%20PHOTOS/KIMG0017_zpsvghufnpl.jpg

*Sunset Lake- Still and issue regarding passability heading into the raceway near the zoo. Apparently, the town has the ability to put in a sliding board to control water flow and levels. Some days it's in and if a Storm or significant Rain event is forecasted then they can remove accordingly. Problem is when the boards are in, one cannot safely navigate there boats through this passage. I hope to have some pictures of this in the coming days.
*Oak Pond- Our SJHT signs have been posted for the last month or so. A soon to be Lake Clean-up Date is being planned in the next 2-3 weeks. Stay tuned.

Association Business:
Old Business:
*Continue Planning for the Bass Bowl.

New Business:
* N/A
-------------------------------------------
Good of the Association:
* N/A

Upcoming Events:
(Anyone that wants an event listed here can contact me- )

Open Buddy Tournaments up to Sept 21:

*September 24 at Salem Canal, hosted by Limit's and Lunkers Bass Club.
*Oct. 1 at Delaware River, hosted by Delaware River Tournament Trail
*Oct 9 at Union Lake hosted by Lunker Hunters Penn/Jersey Bass Club.

Upcoming Events:
* None Listed

50/50 Raffle (to pay for the snacks) won by Tom Scharwzman of BRRC.
* -------------------------------------

Next Meeting:SJBCA
* 8pm, Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2016 at the
4th Ward Clubhouse for Bass Bowl Club Rep ONLY-
Payment of $45, picking up Launch Numbers, and going briefly through arrival and weigh in process.

Some of the items on the agenda will be:
* Review the fishermans Flea Market
* Final Planning for the Bass Bowl. Clubs Not participating in the Bass Bowl are not required to attend.

------------------------------------------------

So in summary and important dates to remember:

* The SJBCA Bass Bowl planning\discussion took up most of the night. There planning on having an estimated 50 boats fishing the Canal this day. Due to the single launch area, anglers should plann on getting to the ramp fairly early and ready to launch by 4am for the 7am Start time. If Flights are not staggered. Right now, it was reported the Canal water level was a bit low, so with that knowledge and the number of smaller boats navigating that day and for Safety reasons, it was proposed to have a 20MPH limit. So a boat could be on plane...just not blasting off like typically in bigger bodies of water. There were concerns about coming around bends and turns as Kayakers and smalle boat are planning to fish. Either way, caution should be taken when navigating this place. The grassy area to the left of the 1st entrance into the parking lot of the Boat ramp has been MOWED and will allow for additional parking along with a U-TURN Like for launching ones rig and then proceeding to Park like we normally do. I sketched a diagram depicting what it should look like. I'll post a bit later for all to see. Once in the water, Joe Franzwa will be utilizing a Bull Horn to start each boat on there way..to somewhat prevent capsizing of smaller boats.
A vote was taken 8 in favor to 6 opposed to keep the Canal location and not switch to the backup Beltzville, PA. Union Lake was thrown in as a final alternate but not until Big Fred and Joe Franzwa takes a look at the mowing project\auxillary parking done at the Canal will things be finalized. Stay tuned.

Any SJHT member is welcome to attend, meet up, or travel down with me to the monthly SJBCA meetings. The inner and outer workings is open to anyone interested in learning more about these meetings.

* Meeting was adjourned around 9:30 pmish

That's about it!!

BN06
Edited by BigNasty06 on 09/22/2016
BN06, President

jiggin den
Damn BN you could write!!! Nice report. I don't think President Obama could do your job!!LOL

Jiggin Den

BigNasty06
jiggin den wrote:
Damn BN you could write!!! Nice report. I don't think President Obama could do your job!!LOL

Jiggin Den

Lol! Yeah after last night, I felt like writing since I skipped posting July's meeting report but I was in attendance. Lol

BN06
BN06, President

jackson
Taz mentioned the speed restriction was to just on plane not limited to 20mph...most glass rigs cant stay on plane at that speed. I need at least 50-60 mph lol

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Pete *The Professor* Ingemi with 3 Bass weighing a Total 11.82 lbs
at UNION LAKE
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. David Snedeker
3. Jackson Fu
4. Jiggen Den
5. Mike Del Monico
6. Rob Masterson

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< April 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          
Today: More...:
Users Online
· Guests Online: 12

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
Scooter13:25:05
Riversofash5 1 day
BigNasty06 5 days
billylee 1 week
moe 2 weeks
Scotto53 4 weeks
topgunmatt1 6 weeks
rvansciver 9 weeks
fishintroop31 weeks
BluntedBassMike33 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI