· Slap count: 0
· Last checked ID: 258
2023 SJHT Bass Classic participants

2023 SJHT Bass Classic Anglers final Day at Salem Canal 10-01-23
View Thread
 Print Thread
Whats the craziest thing....
white mike
Youve seen happen while bass fishing thus far?

It could be any random event pertaining to fishing or completely unrelated...as long as you seen it go down while fishing.

For me it was at our salem canal T a few weeks ago...at takeoff a lot of boats ripped by the area i first decided to fish. I dropped the trolling motor and started working down the bank with a shallow crankbait. I noticed something moving in the water in front if me and as i got closer it bothered me that i didnt know what it was. It was a former pound and a half gizzard shad that was completely severed in half by someones prop on takeoff, it was missing the back half section, but yet still swimming. I reached down to try and grab it for shits and gigs and the thing dove down and swam off?? , im sure it was short lived but still pretty wild none the less. The fact that it even lived 15-20 minutes is pretty funny, whats stranger is that it didnt appear to be bleeding either

Id like to hear what you guys have witnessed out there lol thumbup
Edited by white mike on 07/27/2016

rvansciver
Recently saw a large rat sitting in the middle of the lake on a grass bed drinking water. Was crazy

topgunmatt1
Gator biting my bass I was reeling on on Okeechobee 10 seconds after the other guy on the boat said that it never happens.

Beaver jumping on the back of my boat during a stone tavern night tourney!

white mike
topgunmatt1 wrote:
Gator biting my bass I was reeling on on Okeechobee 10 seconds after the other guy on the boat said that it never happens.

Beaver jumping on the back of my boat during a stone tavern night tourney!

Thats one kinky beaver LOL.....dude thats crazy

Crappie Jon
I could take this to 10pages lol. Off the top of my head,

- Broke off a 2 lber on the river on the hookset and then proceded to watch him jump every minute or so for the next 45 mins trying to spit my bait smh. We left him jumping

- fishing an canal open with jackson he rescued a little bird from drowning, dried him off a little and put him on the bank. then the next cast he smoked a different bird out of the air with his lure lol

- hearing the sound of robs boat trailer snapping in half at lenape back in 2011 was interesting lol

- apparently the snakeheads at newton breach like carp at times

- launched my boat an anchor marine and got boarded by 2 ducks that stayed on the back deck most of the way out of the marina.

ill have more in a bit as i remember lol

white mike
You mentioning anchor reminds me of the T we had this year when i hit herrin on the rocks with my crankbait lol, i was fighting it in the air for about 3 minutes before the feathers pulled out, it didnt suprise me so much though theres always so many ducks and birds it was only a matter of time

Joe Reed
Back in the last century when i had just started fishing with a club. Being my first season with the club they liked to give you bad information or play jokes on you. So the last tournament of the year is on cooper river and they tell me to watch out for the naked men that like to sunbathe nude down by the railroad bridge. So i figured they were pulling my leg and headed down there to catch some fish. Since it was early in the morning when i passed the bridge and didn't see anything i was sure they were joking.

But coming back from the creek about noon not paying attention as i flip the bank just past where the creek comes in before the railroad bridge don't two naked guys stand up and come over to the back asking how the fishing is going.

I told them it was a good day then put my trolling motor on high and got out of there.

At the weigh in everyone got a good laugh at my story.

Crappie Jon
Joe Reed wrote:
Back in the last century when i had just started fishing with a club. Being my first season with the club they liked to give you bad information or play jokes on you. So the last tournament of the year is on cooper river and they tell me to watch out for the naked men that like to sunbathe nude down by the railroad bridge. So i figured they were pulling my leg and headed down there to catch some fish. Since it was early in the morning when i passed the bridge and didn't see anything i was sure they were joking.

But coming back from the creek about noon not paying attention as i flip the bank just past where the creek comes in before the railroad bridge don't two naked guys stand up and come over to the back asking how the fishing is going.

I told them it was a good day then put my trolling motor on high and got out of there.

At the weigh in everyone got a good laugh at my story.

Lmao
"2nd place is just the first loser"

fishintroop
Hilarious Joe.

My first boat was a crawdad that I to make into a bassboat. I put a hand control trolling motor on the front. I was with a friend at Rainbow and he had to drop a load. He lived only about a mile away so he said drop me at the ramp and I'll be right back. I dropped him at the ramp and was just hanging around fishing the area. I don't know how many remember, but there used to be a big chunk of concrete about 20yds from the ramp going towards the damn. He gets back and I'm heading to pick him up. I have the trolling motor on high and I hit the concrete. I get ejected from the crawdad and the motor is still on. I'm soaked and the boat proceeds to start heading towards the middle of the lake. Miracuously, the boat makes a big U turn and comes ashore at the point after the first cove. Somehow I did not loose my hat, sunglasses, rod and reel, or my keys when I went into the drink.

ram1212
Crappie Jon wrote:

- hearing the sound of robs boat trailer snapping in half at lenape back in 2011 was interesting lol

l

That was my craziest day, haha. The best part was when the guy who helped me out had the trailer in the back of his truck and the wheel well cover came off. Down the highway it tumbled nearly hitting every car in its way. Thankfully it didn't. I'll never get that image out of my head...What a day!

jackson
Pretty funny so far. I dont have anything good that I recall, but a few weeks ago I was fishing with Bob at the puff. He made a cast under a tree and started texting...like he always does...I flip in afterwards get slammed and get the fish to the boat and watched it spit something. It was Bobs bait. He never knew he got bit cause he wasnt paying attention lol.

fishintroop
jackson wrote:
Pretty funny so far. I dont have anything good that I recall, but a few weeks ago I was fishing with Bob at the puff. He made a cast under a tree and started texting...like he always does...I flip in afterwards get slammed and get the fish to the boat and watched it spit something. It was Bobs bait. He never knew he got bit cause he wasnt paying attention lol.

That's a good one!

rvansciver
jackson wrote:

I was just holding him there with my bait so you could catch him. I didnt want you to feel left out
i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/bvansciver/Sponsors/ptlurebanner.gif
i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/bvansciver/Sponsors/2fc47d47-45e3-4a2d-ba9b-be0dfc48887a_zps445e4f4a.jpg
i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/bvansciver/Sponsors/eco_pro_web_logo_zps83858012.jpg

jackson
Heres another...stuck in back of Stewarts. Apparently the tracker is .000001" too wide to fit. Actually tried again with more speed at another time I was there...same result lol
i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee459/revhi/photo%205.jpg

BigNasty06
jackson wrote:
Heres another...stuck in back of Stewarts. Apparently the tracker is .000001" too wide to fit. Actually tried again with more speed at another time I was there...same result lol

That's a good one Jackson and Dan.....like many have already put forward, there's just too many to list but I remember Fishing a back in the day NJ BASS ANGLERS get together on the Canal and I had caught a bass and while removing the hook my Kistler Rod and Shimano Curado 300 reel slip into the water without me and my partner knowing. Well being my main setup I stripped down onto the skivies and preceeded to scuba dive and retrieve my setup. I have pics of it somewhere. Lol.

www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/10468Salem_Canal_BN06_in_water_2_-07-04-07.jpg
BN06, President

parisi
BigNasty06 wrote:
jackson wrote:

That's a good one Jackson and Dan.....like many have already put forward, there's just too many to list but I remember Fishing a back in the day NJ BASS ANGLERS get together on the Canal and I had caught a bass and while removing the hook my Kistler Rod and Shimano Curado 300 reel slip into the water without me and my partner knowing. Well being my main setup I stripped down onto the skivies and preceeded to scuba dive and retrieve my setup. I have pics of it somewhere. Lol.

www.myfishingpictures.com/data/2/10468Salem_Canal_BN06_in_water_2_-07-04-07.jpg

parisi
nice. I would have sent my son. LOL

Crappie Jon
How bout saltwater? Last December rod goes down and my brother grabs it, went down like a small fish, but he's getting his a$$ kicked trying to reel it in, naturally were busting his bawls. Get it to the boat and there's 5 stripers on at once lol. All throwbacks unfortunately (maybe luckily) but yea, they were biting that day lol

i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii416/snappedline/22D2C7C4-7879-4FED-B00E-6F673C6B62D5_zpsymudo5rn.jpg

Also bonus pic of duck encounter from my last post

i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii416/snappedline/62888E5E-FB57-43CA-8734-5A8F846FE8EE_zpsjgdyjd1l.jpg
"2nd place is just the first loser"

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Dennis *Jiggen Den* Tolentino with 3 Bass weighing a Total 8.36 lbs
at LUMS SP
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. Jackson Fu
3. Dennis Tolentino
4. David Snedeker
5. Mike Del Monico
6. Rob Masterson

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< May 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Users Online
· Guests Online: 9

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
BigNasty06 1 day
topgunmatt1 2 days
Scooter 3 days
Riversofash5 1 week
billylee 2 weeks
moe 4 weeks
Scotto53 5 weeks
rvansciver11 weeks
fishintroop32 weeks
BluntedBassMike35 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI