· Last checked ID: 258
2023 SJHT Bass Classic participants

2023 SJHT Bass Classic Anglers final Day at Salem Canal 10-01-23
View Thread
 Print Thread
NorthEast River, MD 05-20-12 Tag Team..
BigNasty06
Championship.

Not for sure if I mentioned this recently, but there was some discussion as to making this Tournament a 5 Bass Limit tournament in light of the fact that this is our first club tournament on this body of water, the Huge potential of catching a magnificent bag of fish, Maximizing overall weights at weigh-in, and crowning a new 2012 SJHT Tag Team Bass Champion.

Provide your feedback regardless of whether your for or against this idea. Generally we would vote on such topics at the 1st meeting, but now that everyone is in fishing mode, I wanted to get your opinions.

Note: For the record, Although keeping a 3 fish limit for this tournament is somewhat the norm, by having a 5 fish option, it allows\opens up the nominations for end of season awards for submitting our clubs best 5 Bass Stringer to SJBCA. Thus another award\plaque\honor bestowed on a member\team within SJHT.

Give me your thoughts.

Thanks,
BN06
BN06, President

Crappie Jon
Sounds good to methumbup

rvansciver
I like the number five
i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/bvansciver/Sponsors/ptlurebanner.gif
i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/bvansciver/Sponsors/2fc47d47-45e3-4a2d-ba9b-be0dfc48887a_zps445e4f4a.jpg
i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/bvansciver/Sponsors/eco_pro_web_logo_zps83858012.jpg

jackson
Im down for whatever, but I read that MD tidal has a 15" min from May till whenever the spawn is over. Can anyone verify this?

jimbo
I have a few reservations about making this a 5 fish limit!

For one The fish... With two boaters in most of the boats, 10 fish in some of the smaller livewells could put excess stress on the fish.

My 2nd concern i$ making this Tourney more valuable by inceasing the potental pionts one can receive! With the added cost of the out of state Tourney with License, fuel, tolls, and ramp fee... We may be forcing an out of budget angler to make a trip they really can't aford...

Just the devils advocate... Food for thought...hmmm
Jimbo

rvansciver
jimbo wrote:

For one The fish... With two boaters in most of the boats, 10 fish in some of the smaller livewells could put excess stress on the fish.

My 2nd concern i$ making this Tourney more valuable by inceasing the potental pionts one can receive! With the added cost of the out of state Tourney with License, fuel, tolls, and ramp fee... We may be forcing an out of budget angler to make a trip they really can't aford...

Damn did you bump your head looking or those keys, what a valid thought and so well written lol. Just busting your balls. You do make a good point.
i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/bvansciver/Sponsors/ptlurebanner.gif
i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/bvansciver/Sponsors/2fc47d47-45e3-4a2d-ba9b-be0dfc48887a_zps445e4f4a.jpg
i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/bvansciver/Sponsors/eco_pro_web_logo_zps83858012.jpg

Kyle
stop crying jimbo. u already have your MD license and have a boat with a big enough livewell......j/k. hey its up to u guys, im down either way. i know one thing is for sure, if we keep it a 3 fish limit, there will be several 10 lb bagsGrin

Kyle
rvansciver wrote:
jimbo wrote:

Damn did you bump your head looking or those keys, what a valid thought and so well written lol. Just busting your balls. You do make a good point.

where did u find them at??

jiggin den
I totally agree with Jimbo. Very well put I must say. By that time, who knows the temp could be in the 80's or higher, and being those with smaller livewells, could put additional stress on a crowded livewell assuming there will be 10 fish in there, which we are all hoping for!!! If we keep it at a 3 fish limit, 6 fish in the well may not be as bad.

Jiggin Den

ram1212
I have to agree with Jimbo here. If this is a 5 fish limit it makes this the most important TX of the year then.

With the smaller boats, we may not have a full turnout because of the size of the body of water. I am not even sure I am fishing this TX because of my boat size.

Not very fair and balanced in my opinion for guys with smaller boats. Most of us have never fished it either.

Then you have the whole 10 fish in a livewell ordeal.

ram1212
Not sure if this is an option for the SJBCA, but can we have a 5 fish limit for that, but only count the 3 best towards points for SJHT?

BASS HOPPER
I think its a huge disadvantage for the guys with smaller boats. If you want a 5 fish limit then I think it should be a 5 fish limit all year long. Just my opinion since Rob and Jimbo took the words out of my mouth.

BASS HOPPER
I think its a huge disadvantage for the guys with smaller boats. If you want a 5 fish limit then I think it should be a 5 fish limit all year long. Just my opinion since Rob and Jimbo took the words out of my mouth.

Kyle
BASS HOPPER wrote:

the guys with bigger boats are at a huge disadvantage at Union where the guys with the smaller boats can run their outboards, whereas the guys with bigger boats have to go electric only. there will always be advantages to having big boats, and advantages to having small boats. with that being said, im down with a 3 or 5 fish limit. either way im going to show up and fish.

Kyle
jackson wrote:
Im down for whatever, but I read that MD tidal has a 15" min from May till whenever the spawn is over. Can anyone verify this?

i know its a 15" minimum right now

BASS HOPPER
Kyle wrote:
BASS HOPPER wrote:

the guys with bigger boats are at a huge disadvantage at Union where the guys with the smaller boats can run their outboards, whereas the guys with bigger boats have to go electric only. there will always be advantages to having big boats, and advantages to having small boats. with that being said, im down with a 3 or 5 fish limit. either way im going to show up and fish.
bite me lol we dont change the bag limit at union

jiggin den
Food for thought. I've had my Carolina Skiff in the Northeast when I first joined the Pa club. I was kinda nervous the first time. The other club members told me different areas I could fish without going to far up the river. There are a couple of cuts right to the left as you come out of the launch area that have fish in them if the tide is right. There is also a canal that isn't far at all from the ramp area also. If there is alot of boat traffic on the water, it can get rough, and if it's windy even white caps! But like I said there are areas you can fish and make a day of it.

Jiggin Den

jackson
I still dont mind a 5 fish limit, but Jimbo's right. It would make this T to valuable points wise for anyone who cant make it.

Rob, your boats fine, Ive been out there in 3 times now and once in 30+ mph winds. That time was not so fine, just ask Brians back lol. There where some guys out there in 14ft
boats as well.

As far as boat size advantages, try having a 17ft that is to slow for Union and not fast enough for unlimited. Pfft
Also, aside from Jimbo, seems like you glass rig guys always show up at Union somehow with a smaller boat with a 9.9 carbed up to a 15. hmmm

BASS HOPPER
jackson wrote:
I still dont mind a 5 fish limit, but Jimbo's right. It would make this T to valuable points wise for anyone who cant make it.

Rob, your boats fine, Ive been out there in 3 times now and once in 30+ mph winds. That time was not so fine, just ask Brians back lol. There where some guys out there in 14ft
boats as well.

As far as boat size advantages, try having a 17ft that is to slow for Union and not fast enough for unlimited. Pfft
Also, aside from Jimbo, seems like you glass rig guys always show up at Union somehow with a smaller boat with a 9.9 carbed up to a 15. hmmm
clap

Kyle
jackson wrote:

boats as well.

i dont know what your talking aboutzipped

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Dennis *Jiggen Den* Tolentino with 3 Bass weighing a Total 8.36 lbs
at LUMS SP
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. Jackson Fu
3. Dennis Tolentino
4. David Snedeker
5. Mike Del Monico
6. Rob Masterson

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< May 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Users Online
· Guests Online: 15

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
BigNasty06 1 day
topgunmatt1 1 day
Scooter 3 days
Riversofash5 1 week
billylee 2 weeks
moe 4 weeks
Scotto53 5 weeks
rvansciver10 weeks
fishintroop32 weeks
BluntedBassMike34 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI