2023 SJHT Bass Classic Anglers final Day at Salem Canal 10-01-23
View Thread
 Print Thread
Rainbow Lake Club Results- 04-07-12
BigNasty06
Place: Rainbow Lake, Pittsgrove Twp, NJ
Time: 6:45am-12:45pm
Date: Saturday, April 7, 2012
Weather: Here we go Again!!! Crazy 25mph winds!!!Cool, Intermittent Clouds giving way to Bright High Sunshine....and fun begins....More gusty 30mph winds coming the NorthEast; 1''~3' Swells;
Air Temps started off in Mid 40's giving way to blustery 64 Degrees.
Water Temps: 53 degrees.
Water Clarity: Clear Visability down to 3.0';Moderate chop out in the wide open; Got worse as the day went on!!!
Wind Gusts: Constant in your FACE 25-30MPH
Best Lure: Traps, DS; Shakey Head finesse worms. It was another tough as BALLS Day to just get a Nimble;
Depths fished: 2.5'~4.5''
Bass Limit: 3

-----------------------------------------------------
and why did I roll out of bed this morning and head down to Rainbow lake!!!!

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/Rainbow%20Lake%202012%20SJHT/IMAG0902.jpg

Those trying to find covey holes.....

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/Rainbow%20Lake%202012%20SJHT/IMAG0903.jpg

The SJHT Fleet at Dutch Harbor aka. Rainbow Bay....

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/Rainbow%20Lake%202012%20SJHT/IMAG0899.jpg

Rainbow Lake was almost No better than the Squan from the previous weeks report. On a day that was suppose to mark the opening of "Trout" Season, many nice size Pickeral were caught along with the occasional short 11" bass thrown in the mix.

Today, SJHT had 23 Members and 2 guest come out to battle and redeem themselves from last weeks performance. Anglers got underway around 6:45am and Rob M. immediately landed 2 keeper Bass within the 1st five minutes of the Tournament. Other anglers scrabbled for some warmer water temps found towards the Northwestern section of the lake. Others ventured near the docks along the eastern side of the lake. Me and my buddy, Jiggen Den focused our efforts on the deepest\dead center areas. We had small nimbles, but that Cold-Front or whatever it's called, really made the bass have lock jaw.

Without futher adieu, please give a big congrats to 1st place winner Jimbo with 3 Bass weighing 5.75lbs. Second place went to Jay with 2 Bass going 3.69lbs. Third place and Lunker went to Brian *Bass Hopper* S. with 1 Bass going 3.50lbs. Congrats again Men for figuring them out and bringing something to the scales.

Jimbo 1st Place:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/Rainbow%20Lake%202012%20SJHT/IMAG0905.jpg

Jay 2nd Place:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/Rainbow%20Lake%202012%20SJHT/IMAG0912.jpg

Brian *B-Hopper* 3rd Place and Lunker:

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/Rainbow%20Lake%202012%20SJHT/IMAG0909.jpg

Rainbow Lake Tale of the Tape:

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/Rainbow%20Lake%202012%20SJHT/IMAG0915.jpg

Other notable anglers and there catches:

Chris P.:

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/Rainbow%20Lake%202012%20SJHT/IMAG0907.jpg

Bob Van S. catch:

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/Rainbow%20Lake%202012%20SJHT/IMAG0911.jpg

Jiggen Den Catch:

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/Rainbow%20Lake%202012%20SJHT/IMAG0910.jpg

Dales catch:

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/Rainbow%20Lake%202012%20SJHT/IMAG0908.jpg

Rob's Catch:

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/Rainbow%20Lake%202012%20SJHT/IMAG0906.jpg

So in summary, SJHT had a total of 16 Bass caught. Total weight was 26.17lbs which gives an avg. weight of 1.64lbs per Bass. We had a number of anglers depart the tourney a bit early. We also had some anglers that ran into the lack of power on the Trolling motors angle or problems with there batteries. I can verify that Jimbo was not among those anglers this weekend. LOL!!!

As the close season is pretty much upon us, SJHT will be fishing again in roughly 2 weeks down at Lums Pond, DE. This will be our 1st return trip since we were South Jersey Hook One! An older lunker club. I'm looking forward to banging some Delaware bass and then heading down to NorthEast, MD come May.

Hope to see a good number make the trek down to DE.

Live Action...everyday...All Day!!!
BN06
Edited by BigNasty06 on 04/07/2012
BN06, President

jiggin den
Congrats to Jimbo on a nice weight in considering the weather! It was tougher as the day went on as BN stated. Also congrats to Brian on a nice fat bellied lunker, Jay on 2nd place. ( gotta keep our eyes out on Jay, he gettin hot!!!!) Also want to welcome Kyle to the club! Hope everyone has a nice Easter holiday to those who celebrate! On another note as time gets closer unless you know now, we would like to know who is fishing the Lums Pond tour. in Delaware, just want to get a head count.

Thanks Jiggin Den

billylee
LONE Female Caught her first fish, athought it was't a bass, But I did catch a perch with a Jerk Bait. Ya YA for Me. Bill also caught atlest 2 himself. Fishing2

Crappie Jon
Congrats to the winners on another tough day. I caught my first keeper pretty early along with a pretty consistent pick of shorts and picks, then around 9:30 i made the stupid move of leaving fish for fish which i typically dont do. Didnt get another bite till 12:15 when i got my 2nd keeper. Got slammed by a nice pickeral with 5 mins left thought i had my 3rd but nope 2angry . See you at Lums (ill be there)
Edited by Crappie Jon on 04/08/2012

jiggin den
Well I guess you broke the ice Lee by catching your first fish! Hopefully your next will be a lunker bass!!!!! You can do it, be in the right place at the right time!

Jiggin Den

jimbo
Thanks Den. I was lucky to get an early bite and land a two solid fish...
Bama and I where on the lake 2 weeks ago. The winds where almost as strong as Saturday which made any finnesse fishing right down imposable. Even in the wind I did try dropshoting, with only a few dinks to show for it. So I threw a trap around the bushes and picked up a solid 2lber!
With that information I decided to start my day with the pattern I ended with Bama! Bingo I caught my first fish about an half hour in on the trap! That fish was my lunker! About a half hour later or so I picked up another one! I realized one thing that was in common with both bites! I was throwing the bait toward the north end of the lake... A few cast after I realized this I hooked my third keeper! With three fish in the live-well I decided to throw my jig in hopes of picking up a kicker fish! Much like Dan, I left fish for fish...Bad move...
After wasting a few hours looking for a kicker in all the wrong places I went back to trapping, and got wacked 3 times without a single hook-up! All my Hits came when I threw the trap to the north, go figure...hmmm
I would like to send out a special shout out to my wonderful wife who gave me the thumbs up on the purchase of a more powerful Trolling motor!!! After being towed in at Manaquan I felt it was time to man up and put a little more balls on the bow! I picked it up Thursday night and did the install Friday. What a differane......yayyy
Jimbo

Kyle
jimbo wrote:
Bama and I where on the lake 2 weeks ago. The winds where almost as strong as Saturday which made any finnesse fishing right down imposable. Even in the wind I did try dropshoting, with only a few dinks to show for it. So I threw a trap around the bushes and picked up a solid 2lber!
With that information I decided to start my day with the pattern I ended with Bama! Bingo I caught my first fish about an half hour in on the trap! That fish was my lunker! About a half hour later or so I picked up another one! I realized one thing that was in common with both bites! I was throwing the bait toward the north end of the lake... A few cast after I realized this I hooked my third keeper! With three fish in the live-well I decided to throw my jig in hopes of picking up a kicker fish! Much like Dan, I left fish for fish...Bad move...
After wasting a few hours looking for a kicker in all the wrong places I went back to trapping, and got wacked 3 times without a single hook-up! All my Hits came when I threw the trap to the north, go figure...hmmm
I would like to send out a special shout out to my wonderful wife who gave me the thumbs up on the purchase of a more powerful Trolling motor!!! After being towed in at Manaquan I felt it was time to man up and put a little more balls on the bow! I picked it up Thursday night and did the install Friday. What a differane......yayyy

congrats on the nice bag and the win Jimbo. what tm did u get? did u end up getting the mg tour 82?
Edited by Kyle on 04/08/2012

jimbo
Kyle wrote:
jimbo wrote:

congrats on the nice bag and the win Jimbo. what tm did u get? did u end up getting the mg tour 82?

Yeah Kyle... It's really nice, I was in 30mph winds on about a 3-4 setting and gaining ground... It's so quiet too! Couldn't imagine what the 109 would have been like!
What happen Saturday? We really missed you out there! Hope everything is ok?
Jimbo

jackson
Congrats to everyone who got them. Sounded like a rough day. Hope the rest of the season weather is mostly cloudy and calm.

Kyle
jimbo wrote:
Kyle wrote:
jimbo wrote:

Yeah Kyle... It's really nice, I was in 30mph winds on about a 3-4 setting and gaining ground... It's so quiet too! Couldn't imagine what the 109 would have been like!
What happen Saturday? We really missed you out there! Hope everything is ok?

yea everything is ok. to be honest i didnt have the money this weekend to fish, between gas to drive there and the entry fee. i have been saving all the money i can fo the fed tx this weekend.

trapper
Congrats Jimbo good luck this weekend

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Dennis *Jiggen Den* Tolentino with 3 Bass weighing a Total 8.36 lbs
at LUMS SP
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. Jackson Fu
3. Dennis Tolentino
4. David Snedeker
5. Mike Del Monico
6. Rob Masterson

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< May 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Users Online
· Guests Online: 8

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
BigNasty0607:58:30
topgunmatt114:54:00
Scooter 2 days
Riversofash5 1 week
billylee 2 weeks
moe 4 weeks
Scotto53 5 weeks
rvansciver10 weeks
fishintroop32 weeks
BluntedBassMike34 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI