2023 SJHT Bass Classic Anglers final Day at Salem Canal 10-01-23
View Thread
 Print Thread
Salem Canal Results 03-17-12
BigNasty06
Place: Salem Canal; Located Pittsgrown, NJ"
Time: 7:15am-2:00pm
Date: Saturday, March 17, 2012
Weather: Very Foggy; Cool 55 degree Air temps at the start with overcast skys giving way to a late sun poking through later in the day. Warming up to 64 Degrees.
Water Temps: 58.8 degrees rising up to 60 degrees.
Water Clarity: Sporatic clarity towards Dupont area vs. better clarity near the Log jam; Visability down to 1/2'
Wind Gusts: Quite calm with slight breeze later in the AM.
Best Lure: Dropshotting; Mid running crankbaits;
Depths fished: 2'~6.0''
Bass Limit: 3

-----------------------------------------------------
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2012%20SJHT%20Club%20Pics/IMAG0786.jpg

Welcome to the 2012 SJHT Bass Fishing Club season. Today, we kicked off the season by switching to our back up body of water the "Salem Canal" due to some last minute Alloway Township shenangans.

Welcome once again New, old, and guest members of SJHT. Today, we were met with very foggy conditions and a somewhat delayed 7am original launch time.

Enought of the chit chat!!!! Today, SJHT had 25 Club members and 3 Guest come out to be apart of our largest opening day turnout in Club History. Way to go Guys and Gal!!!

Anglers found it very tough to develop any type of pattern. Small pick ups were very suddle and one had to basically put the baits in front of the Bass mouth in order to even get a sniff.

There were [b] 37 bass caught
....giving a total weight of 63.88lbs. That gave an avg. of 1.73lbs per bass

Without further adieu, please give a shout-out to 1st place and Lunker winner Jay *SmellyHooker * N. for weighing in 3 Bass weighing 8.07lbs. Jay also won Lunker with a 5.10lber Beast of a bass . Second place went to Tboe[b] for weighing in [b]3 Bass going 7.36lbs and a close lunker of his own going 5.05lbs.. Third Place went to Parvin's Open Buddy Champion John "GoneFishin" G. for weighing in 3 Bass going 6.03lb. Way to figure them out men!!

Note: Due to Tboe being a guest, 2nd and 3rd place Bonus points goes to John G. and Jackson F. for there official results.

Jay *SmellyHooker" N. 1st Place win and 5.10lber Lunker winner:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2012%20SJHT%20Club%20Pics/IMAG0795.jpg

Tboe's 2nd Place win 5.05lber Kicker for show:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2012%20SJHT%20Club%20Pics/IMAG0788.jpg

John *GoneFishin* G. 3rd Place:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2012%20SJHT%20Club%20Pics/IMAG0793.jpg

Salem Canal Tale of the Tape;
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2012%20SJHT%20Club%20Pics/IMAG0797.jpg
[b]Other Notable Catches:

Jiggens Den Nice Bag:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2012%20SJHT%20Club%20Pics/IMAG0791.jpg

Troops Salem Canal catch:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2012%20SJHT%20Club%20Pics/IMAG0794.jpg

Other notable anglers catch:
Bob Van Sciver:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2012%20SJHT%20Club%20Pics/IMAG0792.jpg

Layne's Catch:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2012%20SJHT%20Club%20Pics/IMAG0790.jpg

Jackson getting into his groove;
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2012%20SJHT%20Club%20Pics/IMAG0789.jpg

Dales catch in Mid March on the Canal:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2012%20SJHT%20Club%20Pics/IMAG0787.jpg

Kerry 3 Bass Limit on the Canal:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/2012%20SJHT%20Club%20Pics/IMAG0796.jpg

So as one can see, the tale of the tape shows that 7 Limits of 3 bass per angler were caught. Some were of very decent weights especiially For some, It was tough as Balls out there today....not to mention the bite somewhat shutting down as a cold front was about to come through.

Thanks again to our guest members Tboe, Sean S., and Tina G. It was my please having you guys on board.

See you all[b] next week for our 2nd Club tournamnet at Lake Lenape (as of now)

[b]Tightlines,
BN06

Edited by BigNasty06 on 01/11/2013
BN06, President

tboebass
Congrats Jay and all the fish catchers. Had a great time with all the old and new gang. Thanks for having me and wish all of you a safe and successful tournament seasonclap

billylee
THANK YOU! BIGNASTY06 For making Lone Female #1 Rookie. Now I have something to prove....LOL Janeen Fishing3

jiggin den
Congrats to Jay for a real nice bag and lunker! To T-boe coming in a close 2nd and also a real nice pig! To all that weighted in fish, nice job. Thanks to Jimbo for helping out with the launch, and BN for the coffee and donuts. It started out slow , atleast for me until I figured out what they wanted on my end of the Canal. Once the fog cleared and the sun started warming up the shallows the bite picked up. Nice showing and I welcome all the new and old members to the start of the new season. We had an incident out on the water where a member ran threw a no wake zone at a very high speed almost swamping another boater while fishing in close proximity of the speeding boat. Not only could the other boat have been swamped, he could have even been hit broadside coming around a sharp turn at a high rate of speed. These bigger powered boats sometimes can actually slide while making a real sharp turn, and you can loose control even if it's for a few seconds, but seconds count on the water!! I know of a boater that did the exact same thing on the Canal and lost control and ran ashore into a tree! busted his face and and injured other body parts. Don't let this happen. Slow down when passing ANY boaters on the water, period!!! From this point on anyone not following the above will be disqualified from the tournament. The Canal is way too narrow for high speed turns, especially when there are lots of boats on the water. This applies to any place we fish that we can use our gas engines.

Jiggin Den
Tourn Dir.

BigNasty06
jiggin den wrote:
The Canal is way too narrow for high speed turns, especially when there are lots of boats on the water. This applies to any place we fish that we can use our gas engines.

Jiggin Den
Tourn Dir.

clap
Totally agree and support Jiggen Dens comments.

Outside a phenomenal turn out for our 1st Tournament of the season, we all must be very conscience of things we do see and those that we cannot see. It only takes aplit second for something to go terribly wrong. I hope to never see that day come where some member or person on the water have an accident or make the SOS call. SJHT has a pretty good reputation for being courteous and respected on and off the water. We don't need to tarnish that. We're all grown men and I know that we'll move forward in a positive light from this.

The last thing anyone needs is to be called in for reckless behavior or witness to an accident. Not too mention Legal matters. Trust me.....we\I don't need that type of attention.

Can't wait to get back on the water guys and gals!!!
BN06
BN06, President

rvansciver
jiggin den wrote:
This applies to any place we fish that we can use our gas engines.

Jiggin Den
Tourn Dir.

I would like to add the morning take off was an F**ING fiasco, I watched as two members in a small boat took some pretty good waves and I was very concerned for their safety, even with my bigger boat I took a wave over the front and onto my deck.

I was truly concerned for the two in the boat and waited until they were safe before I pulled off. We need to figure something so this does not happen again next time they may not be so lucky.

I did not they were bot being safety 3rd and wearing their life jackets.
i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/bvansciver/Sponsors/ptlurebanner.gif
i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/bvansciver/Sponsors/2fc47d47-45e3-4a2d-ba9b-be0dfc48887a_zps445e4f4a.jpg
i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/bvansciver/Sponsors/eco_pro_web_logo_zps83858012.jpg

BigNasty06
rvansciver wrote:
[quote]
I was truly concerned for the two in the boat and waited until they were safe before I pulled off. We need to figure something so this does not happen again next time they may not be so lucky.

Bob Van Sciver,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. thumbup

We may have to re-think our departure order and\or process by which to allow the smaller, lower powered boats a way to set sail more safely without the fear of wakes from larger powered boats.

Simply put...we cannot have this nor should members (regardless of vessel size\power) have to wait at the end of the launching process.

More info to follow....

Thanks again Bob for bringing this up. I would have love to hear this after the tournament but now is better than never.

[b]Note: Jiggen Den, Jay, and Jimbo I'll call you guys later this evening to discuss some ideas.

Thanks,
BN06
Edited by BigNasty06 on 03/19/2012
BN06, President

rvansciver
BigNasty06 wrote:
rvansciver wrote:
[quote]

Bob Van Sciver,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. thumbup

We may have to re-think our departure order and\or process by which to allow the smaller, lower powered boats a way to set sail more safely without the fear of wakes from larger powered boats.

Simply put...we cannot have this nor should members (regardless of vessel size\power) have to wait at the end of the launching process.

More info to follow....

Thanks again Bob for bringing this up. I would have love to hear this after the tournament but now is better than never.

[b]Note: Jiggen Den, Jay, and Jimbo I'll call you guys later this evening to discuss some ideas.

Thanks,
BN06

There was so much going on at the end and it was a nice day for all and I didnt want to ruin a good time so I figured I would touch base with you today, UI was gonna call you but then dens post opened the opportunity to mention it
i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/bvansciver/Sponsors/ptlurebanner.gif
i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/bvansciver/Sponsors/2fc47d47-45e3-4a2d-ba9b-be0dfc48887a_zps445e4f4a.jpg
i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/bvansciver/Sponsors/eco_pro_web_logo_zps83858012.jpg

jiggin den
Thanks Bob for the update. It's nice to know someone else is looking out for the safety of others. Let this be a learning experience, and move on. Like BN said see ya on the water!!! Safety first!!! Then catch a fish!!!

Jiggen Den

jackson
Congrats to all that weighed in and cashed a check. Lets do all again next week at the canal

Crappie Jon
jackson wrote:
Congrats to all that weighed in and cashed a check. Lets do all again next week at the canal

NOOO!!!Shock

cpalmer
Just to chime in on the lakes we have No hp limits why not put numbers of how many people are fishing that tourny in a hat and we all pick a number and that's the order we leave. The boat that picked The last number would be the guy calling out the boat order and then leave last..

Kyle
cpalmer wrote:
Just to chime in on the lakes we have No hp limits why not put numbers of how many people are fishing that tourny in a hat and we all pick a number and that's the order we leave. The boat that picked The last number would be the guy calling out the boat order and then leave last..

thumbup thats how most of the open buddy tx's i have fished in are done

fishintroop
Kyle wrote:
cpalmer wrote:

thumbup thats how most of the open buddy tx's i have fished in are done

That's not a bad idea...It's not like we are fishing for thousands of dollars, we should always be safe first.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Dennis *Jiggen Den* Tolentino with 3 Bass weighing a Total 8.36 lbs
at LUMS SP
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. Jackson Fu
3. Dennis Tolentino
4. David Snedeker
5. Mike Del Monico
6. Rob Masterson

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< May 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Users Online
· Guests Online: 12

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
topgunmatt105:38:32
BigNasty06 1 day
Scooter 1 day
Riversofash5 1 week
billylee 2 weeks
moe 4 weeks
Scotto53 5 weeks
rvansciver10 weeks
fishintroop32 weeks
BluntedBassMike34 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI