· Last checked ID: 258
2023 SJHT Bass Classic participants

2023 SJHT Bass Classic Anglers final Day at Salem Canal 10-01-23
View Thread
 Print Thread
Mirror Lake Tourney and 9/11 Thoughts!!
BigNasty06
Morning gents,
Well I don't have to remind you that this is our last regular season Club Tournament of the year. whaaa

Hopefully, most have come through the last Hurricane storm and this past weeks torrential TS Lee effects unscath. Talking about parts of Western, Central, and Eastern PA getting slammed along with areas of New Jersey, I don't know if residents can take too much more of this. People are still cleaning up from the previous storm. May everything work out for you and your families in this crazy weather pattern we've had.

Alright. We are definitely on for Mirror Lake this coming Sunday, Sept. 11, 2011. I'm hoping to get a visual lake report as far water levels, any areas affected by say fallen trees or floating debris. I believe we should be ok. If not, then we'll improvise and do what we do!!! hmmm

Next weeks SJHT Bass Classic will be on the Salem Canal. Those that have qualified and plan on fishing should bring a total of $30 to cover both Day 1 and Day 2' s Tournament Fee. It doesn't matter whether you fish one day or both days. The Fee is still $30.00 per angler.

The Club it self will also be putting up $$$ towards the final pot. A lunker pot will be awared at the end of both days. It's a Winner take all event along with this years 2011 SJHT Bass Classic Championship Belt

Last years Classic Champ "Jimbo" has had a good reign. Pfft but I think he maybe ready to relinquish the title. We shall see!!

-------------------------------------------------------------
9/11 Thoughts and celebration plans...

As we commerate the 9/11 10 yr. anniversay, I would like to take this time to reflect and comment on what that day means to myself and honor those who lost there lives, were injured, survived, and were impacted in any way.

On that day that will be forever sketched in my memory, me and my team of Gov't officials were actually suppose to be flying to Boston, MA at 11:30am that morning. Back then, one could arrive at Philadelphia airport say 30 mins before your scheduled flight and board with no problems. Well on that infamous day, we always went into our Philadelphia office before heading to the airport. As we wrapped things up at our desk, we heard that a plane (i.e. in our minds...a small plane) had inadvertently crashed into the World Trade Center. Not thinking too much of it, we went into our main corridor where CNN along with some of the other News stations were covering the events. Once we realized it was a huge jet liner, my special area of support, fellow Military, Civilian, and Sr. level personnel convene to a Secured conference room. Not too long after and having the large screen TV on, the second airplane struck as we watch right before our eyes!! Talking about having an empty feeling in ones stomcach. At that point, all cell phones and pagers were going crazy. We immediately increased our DefCon level and had Armoured personnel vehicles protecting our Federal Buildings downtown and around other facilities. Needless to say, our flight and any other agenda was cancelled for that day...well for a couple of days!! For me, this was the day that changed everything. I always think what if my flight was earlier in the morning or one of targeted planes. All Essential Personnel was on deck and trying to ascertain who the terrorist, country of origin, sect, or individuals that dared to attack us here on our own soil. I've never been in meetings where you could here a pin drop but if eyes could kill..... then the faces in that room was ready to do so. (In the sake of time and me editing certain information), my next thought was on my female cousin who worked in Tower 1 but was fortunately home on maternity leave due to her son about to be born. I'm from JC (for those that are from North Jersey), so I grew up with Liberty State park in my backyard and lower manhatten over looking the Statue of Liberty and the surrounding neighborhoods. For me and yes I too was one who somewhat took the engineering feats of the World Trade centers for granted, always felt comfort when traveling on the NJ Turnpike Eastern roadway and saw those 2 towers in the background. I knew I was almost home and felt comfort knowing that one could always reach for the skies when seeing that US Landmark.

Today, the same energy (if not more) and Do Right! attitude is given not only because it's my job, but to illustrate that anything is possible, if one sets there mind to do so. Those Americans, World Trade Center\Pentagon workers, passengers, Firemen, Policemen, 1st responders, surrounding business workers, and other country nationalities that lost there lives on that day should be honored because that could have been anyone of us. As much as people complain about the US being this.... and the US being that..... We're still the most powerful, industrialized, and prosperous country in the world. If one does not like it, then they can catch the 1st plane\boat out of this country!

It is my plans to distribute small US Flags to all SJHT members fishing Mirror Lake this weekend....to place and fly on there boat in honor of those 9/11 victims.

As passengers on the plane stated, "Let's Roll"!

Hope to see you guys on Sunday,
BN06
BN06, President

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Dennis *Jiggen Den* Tolentino with 3 Bass weighing a Total 8.36 lbs
at LUMS SP
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. Jackson Fu
3. Dennis Tolentino
4. David Snedeker
5. Mike Del Monico
6. Rob Masterson

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< May 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Users Online
· Guests Online: 7

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
BigNasty0615:40:07
Scooter 1 day
Riversofash5 1 week
billylee 2 weeks
moe 4 weeks
Scotto53 5 weeks
topgunmatt1 8 weeks
rvansciver10 weeks
fishintroop32 weeks
BluntedBassMike34 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI