2023 SJHT Bass Classic Anglers final Day at Salem Canal 10-01-23
View Thread
 Print Thread
Salem Canal Club Results- 07-30-11
BigNasty06
Place: Salem Canal, Pittsgrove, NJ
Time: 5:45am-1:00pm
Date: Saturday, July 30, 2011
Weather: Cloudy starting out with comfy 78 Degree Start rising to a toasty 90 Degrees but really feeling like 95 Degrees!
Water Temps: 82 degrees at start; rising ~87 Degrees Mid Day to early afternoon.
Water Clarity: Visability less than ~1''
Wind Gusts: Sporatic breeze at times followed by barely any wind at all.
Best Lure: Finesse Jigs, Kreature baits, crankbaits; DS various colors
Depths fished: 1'~4.0'
Bass Limit: 3

-----------------------------------------------------
What Happens when Salem Nuts meet SJHT Nuts?

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/SJHT%20Club%20Photos/IMAG0442.jpg

Lets just say when 2 nuts and some well known guest \Legends meet, all hell breaks loose!!! LOL!!! Today's SJHT Salem Canal\Game Creek Tournament starting out very promising as 15 Club members and 3 Guest came out to free there minds and catch some bass. With 2 boaters fishing the game creek side, the majority of the field launched on the Canal side. Once safe light arrived around 5:45am, we all agreed to extend the tournament till 1pm.

My guest Today goes by many names. Mofo, PaPa, BoBo, and even Tboe. Alright... I've said enough. Let's move onward shall we. LOL!!!

I'm still speechless so excuse my abruptness.

There were 5 Limits caught. 29 Largemouth Bass brought to the scales. 13 out of 18 Anglers weighed in fish. Total combine weight of fish were 50.81lbs giving an avg. weight of 1.75lbs per bass.

While there were a significant number of fish caught, there were also alot of dinks caught and thrown back. Unlike last week at the Squan...word on the street is that guys were not culling too often but trying to fill there limit .

Alright Here we go.....Without further adieu and beating aroung the bush, please give a big congratulations to former SJHT member and SJHT Bass Classic Champ Tboe for weighing in 3 Bass weighing 7.09lbs. Second place goes to Dale "LipRipper" for weighing in 3 Bass going 6.03lbs.. Third Place went to Brian "Bass Hopper" S. for weighing in 3 Bass going 5.34lbs. Today's Lunker was won by Bill "FishinTroop" C. going a hefty 3.84lbs! Way to battle out there fellas and our dearest returning Guest TBoe.

Note: Outside of the crustables, gatorade, and other stuff, it was definitely fun being back on the water again.

I would be remiss not to mention former SJHT member and visiting guest Tim all the way from Maryland and Jimbo's honey bunch Debbie!!! Thanks for coming out and spending the day with us!!!

1st Place winner Mofo Tboe:i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/SJHT%20Club%20Photos/IMAG0440.jpg

2nd Place winner Dale "LipRipper"":
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/SJHT%20Club%20Photos/IMAG0438.jpg

3rd Place winner Brian "Bass Hopper" S.:
No Photo

Lunker winner FishinTroop:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/SJHT%20Club%20Photos/IMAG0434.jpg

Here's the Official Salem Canal\Game Creek Tale of the Tape:

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/SJHT%20Club%20Photos/IMAG0441.jpg

Other Notable Catches:

Robs catch:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/SJHT%20Club%20Photos/IMAG0433.jpg

Bob Van S. catch:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/SJHT%20Club%20Photos/IMAG0435.jpg

Bates catch:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/SJHT%20Club%20Photos/IMAG0436.jpg

Jiggen Dens catch:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/SJHT%20Club%20Photos/IMAG0437.jpg

Jimbos catch:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/SJHT%20Club%20Photos/IMAG0439.jpg

Somewhat upset at a person name Zach?? WTF?
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/SJHT%20Club%20Photos/IMAG0432.jpg

Looking at the Tale of the Tape, one can see anglers for the most part catching bass, however the overal weights seem a little scattered. I can honestely say if this was a 5 Fish Limit, Tboe would have had close to 10lb~11lbs in the livewell. It was that type of day where the bigger fish met his mighty jig!

Thanks to all of our members and our 3 guest for coming out and baking once again in the sunshine with SJHT today!!. The Canal typically fishes tough this time of year especially with water being drawn out during the tournament. In the beginning, fish seemed to be close to shore but as the day wind down many were found 20'-25' away from some obvious structures.

See you in 1 week at Stone Tavern

Tightlines,
BN06

Edited by BigNasty06 on 07/30/2011
BN06, President

fishintroop
Congrats to all that caught fish, and to Tboe, Dale, and Brianthumbup Those 5,6,7 pound limits are impressive for 3 fish (that's what I think anyway). My day started out with a BANG to say the least. I ran to my first spot and within 5 mins. Landed the lunker woohoo. I was thinking to myself, well I got a kicker, now I need a limit. After that, it was culling 10"-11 1/2" until about 10am and then didn't pick up a thing. Creatures and jigs were my baits of choice in about 4ft of water. Nothing close to shore everything in the branches out about 10-15 ft. Anyone have any luck in the pads. I know there are fish in there, I just can't figure out what they want in therewhaaa

jiggin den
I caught a few dinks out in front of the pads but nothing in the pads, but that was early. I did see alot of movement and tossed a jig, creature baits but no takers. Could have been carp. My two keepers came on Jigs, and the other keeper on a crankbait. Congrats Terry on the win! In a couple years all those dinks can become LUNKERS!!!

Jiggin Den

tboebass
For me I started out with a 12 inch keeper on a War Eagle 1/2 oz white spinnerbait down by the new ramp site. Shad were bustin all over down that way. Moved to the other side of Hawks and caught my biggest fish on a DS using a purple zoom finesse worm. Water temps were high down that end so we took a long run down to the first bridge past the sportsmen club. Water temps were 6 degrees cooler down that way and there was a little current from the farmers drawing water. Picked up my 3rd keeper down there on a terminator 1/8 oz jig with a custom baby bass skirt. Me and BN are picking off dinks here and there but not the right size so we decide to start heading back. On the way back I stop at a spot I haven't fished in 3 years and pick up my first cull fish in a brush pile off the shore. Cool troll down about 5 feet and I get a hit on the jig from what I thought was a sunny so I stopped the jig and the fish dropped it. Let it sit for a few seconds and lift the rod tip and my second biggest fish of the day slams the jig and I cull my last 12 incher. Only caught one more keeper but it doesn't upgrade what I have. Two keys to my day were the lower water temps and noticing how the water kept dropping and backing off the shore and fishing the cover offshore.

Had a great time fishin with the Prez and seeing all you guys again.thumbup Hey Rob Nice background in your weighin pic.Wink
Edited by tboebass on 08/01/2011

ram1212
Haha, great pic Tboe. I'm looking forward to fishing Audrey with you in the Fall. And thanks again for the TP!!

My day started off good and ended with a thud. I caught two keepers by 8am at my normal spot. I thought finding the third there would be a piece of cake, but i was wrong. I had a bunch of shorts after that but that was all I could find.The two keepers I did find were on the edge of the pads on the way back to the boat they hit it. Still a fun day and the boat ran great.

See you all next week at Stone Tavern. My shortest commute of the year!

Crappie Jon
Congrats to all the fish catchers. Heres my day. fishing

I ran around everywhere, threw everything, Got one bite that was a 9"er on the DS at 12:20. THATS IT. Highlight of the day was plowing over a mud flat at full speed because i was exchanging sign language with Tboe and BN. See you guys at Stone Tavern.

Kyle
my day started with Jimbo putting about 50 gallons of water in my boat when he launched in the morning and his wake washed up over the back of my boat. it would of been ok except when i went to turn my bilge pump on it didnt work LOL. After i launched, I made the long 15 second run to my 1st spot. I picked up a solid 2-2.5lb fish in the 1st 10 minutes and thought to myself it's on. well i didnt get another bite untill around 9am when i got a nice 2.5lb fish near Dupont. i spent the rest of the day exploring past the sportsman club because i couldnt get a bite. at about 12:40pm i set the hook on a nice fish. i get the fish about 10ft from the boat and it spit the hook. all of my fish were caught flipping creatures in and around wood. Dont worry Jimbo, i'll get u back the next time we fish there. i didnt want to soak the misses. lol

jackson
Great job, solid weight for this time of year.

My day started at 10 when I got to work. Dealt with a few issues and yelled at some employees. Spent the most of the day staring out the window wishing I was at the Canal. I packed up at 5 and headed home. 0 fish caught Sad

jiggin den
Wow Jackson you could have fished for three hours then went to work!!LOL

Jiggin Den

lipripper
well I guess this is better late then never. After Tim and I debated on what side to fish we decided to take the advise of our source who shall remain nameless, we started out with a plan of attack to head up the right side of the canal and start fishing the first bridge the go all the way to 295 and drop shot for the big ones. It was killing us to be going so slow and passing all these really good looking spots, I think I asked Tim 5 times or so if he wanted to start fishing it seemed to take an hour to get to the bridge but once we got there he asked me if I would like to captain the boat I told him this is your boat so go ahead but he said no this is your club so you take the controls so I did. We got on the other side of the first bridge and started to buzz across the water I guess I was about 10 casts or so when I hooked up with my lunker. As I reeled in Tim says "do you want me to get the net, I relized that it was a good one so I said yes as he fumbles with the net and missed it on the first try he decided to drop the net and two hand it I think he was afraid of what he would hear if he lost my fish. after getting the fish in the live well and high fives we calmed down only to realize he droped the net overboard (shit) oh well good start lest keep fishing we said. now we keep trying the same spot hoping for some more of the same but I only got one short so we head across for a small opening that looked promising Tim hooked up with another short at the opening as we headed up to what eventually was a dead end we were on to something after one more short I decided to toss my buzz in the wake of Tims buzz bait only to hear him say " I just went through there" but before he could finish those word I said there's one! Shit no way Tim says and just like that I had my second keeper. Nice! Now on to my third one before we left that area. Tim also landed some shorts in there. As we ventured on up to the 295 Tim was finally on the board with his first keeper on a crank bait I decided to go with the sweet beaver to try to cull my small one but only shorts for the rest of the day Cant remember where Tim got his second keeper but it too was on a crank bait but not the same one I think he lost about three cranks and countless jigs. Although he says he was happy for me I could tell he was frustrated coming up here from Maryland to get out fish by me it usually is the other way around. Sorry Tim the luck was with me. I do have to mention that I let him have the front of the boat after I had my limit. All and all it was a fun day and finally I got to be in the money for once. congrats to Tboe and to all who got fish. I really expected jigin den or basshoper to out do me as well like I said luck was with me and I would rather be lucky then good any day. See you all at stone tavern.

jimbo
Awesome job Dale!!!! I guess this week you where the MAN... Nice report too! Nothing like have a great day of fishing with a great friend! thumbup
Jimbo

BigNasty06
Awesone report Dale!!! Nice way to follow-up Tim's cast with your own Buzzbait cast. I've never done that. Quite interesting!!

Jackson...sorry you could not make it. We were definitely looking for you to pull up to the ramp. hi

Kyle...losing fish like that is always heart breaking. Heck...I think it hurts even more when you've got a good glance of the bass as they break the surface of the water vs. not seeing it all.

Thanks for everybody's input!!!

Trust...information like this goes a long way and makes everyone sometimes rethink there original game plans!!

See you at Stone Tavern,
BN06
BN06, President

fishintroop
Nice report Dale! Atleast you got some cash to get a new net.

Jackson, I'm going to miss the next 2 tourneys because of vacation and I already have the shakes. Atleast I can sip a cold one to take the edge off.

See ya' guys at the Lenape.

jiggin den
Nice report Dale! and good fishing!!! Hey Bill, can I borrow your Sponge Bob shirt while your on vac.?? LOL Have a blast with the family!

Jiggin Den

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Dennis *Jiggen Den* Tolentino with 3 Bass weighing a Total 8.36 lbs
at LUMS SP
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. Jackson Fu
3. Dennis Tolentino
4. David Snedeker
5. Mike Del Monico
6. Rob Masterson

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< May 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Users Online
· Guests Online: 9

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
BigNasty0607:04:51
Scooter20:29:15
Riversofash5 1 week
billylee 2 weeks
moe 4 weeks
Scotto53 5 weeks
topgunmatt1 8 weeks
rvansciver10 weeks
fishintroop32 weeks
BluntedBassMike34 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI