2023 SJHT Bass Classic Anglers final Day at Salem Canal 10-01-23
View Thread
 Print Thread
Cooper River Lake Results- 06-18-2011
BigNasty06
Place: Cooper River Park, NJ
Time: 5:30am-12:30pm
Date: Saturday, June 18, 2011
Weather: Warm, Muggy 73 Degree Start rising to a sunny 83 Degrees.
Water Temps: NA
Water Clarity: Somewhat clear visability down to 1.5'
Wind Gusts: Pretty calm with no obvious storms
Best Lure: I shall find out
Depths fished: N/A
Bass Limit: 3

-----------------------------------------------------
Boy has it been a long off-season for most of us here at SJHT. First we had the chilly Air temps in the latter part of March. Then we dealt with periods of rain. Next came the heat. Now after pre-spawn, we have to deal with Bass not really wanting to cooperate. That pretty much sums up today's catching ability.

Today we had 22 SJHT boats with 24 club anglers along with 2 Guest fishing at Cooper River Park. One could not ask for better weather and a nice sunrise to boot.

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/BN06%20Puff%20Puff%20Pass/IMAG0272.jpg

Well arriving at the boat ramp approx. 4:35am, I was surprised to see about 6 rigs already in the parking lot ready to get busy!
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/BN06%20Puff%20Puff%20Pass/IMAG0273.jpg

After a little smack talking, tournament check in, Dunkin Doughnuts distribution, and discussing itinary's for the next 2 weeks, we had everyone on the water by 5:32am. Great job guys!!! What a Great turnout!!

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/BN06%20Puff%20Puff%20Pass/IMAG0271.jpg

Alright without further adieu, I give a big shout out to Brian "BassHopper" S. for taking 1st place at Cooper River Park with 3 Bass weighing 5.67lbs. Second place and Lunker was won by rookie member Joe Hosford with 3 Bass weighing 5.19lbs. Joe's Lunker went 3.45lbs!!! Third place was taken by a previous SJHT Hook This Angler of the year Chris "5BigGirls" D. with 3 bass weighing 4.78lbs. Way to go guys!!!!

Here's the official Tale of the Tape:
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/BN06%20Puff%20Puff%20Pass/IMAG0280.jpg

As one can see, there were roughly 40 Largemouth Bass caught overall. We had 8 anglers with a limit of 3 bass. There were at least 4 anglers with at least 2 bass. The rest had at least 1 bass brought to the scales. All in all, there were 20 out of 26 anglers that weighed in at least 1 bass. The total weight of these Cooper fish were 58.42lbs. That gave an avg. weight of 1.46lbs per bass.

Here are some Honorable mention pics:
Justin "BassSteeler" L.
i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/Bluejay_020/Bass%20Fishing/252551_223869410965243_100000265574692_892059_3380341_n.jpg

i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/Bluejay_020/Bass%20Fishing/255070_223877370964447_100000265574692_892087_7089412_n.jpg

FishinTroop catch:
i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz182/b_carione/cooperlimit.jpg

I wish all of the Father's a Happy's Father's Day! May your day be filled spending quality time with your kids and family members.

Sorry for the suspense, but I can't wait to hear about your day on the water at Cooper River Park.

Bama....BTW.... See what happens when Joe Hosford gets his own boat!!!! LOL!! Can't wait to hear his day on the lake and how he pulled out the Lunker for the day!!!

Stay tune guys!!
BN06

Edited by BigNasty06 on 06/19/2011
BN06, President

bama
Bama....BTW.... See what happens when Joe Hosford gets his own boat!!!! LOL!! Can't wait to hear his day on the lake and how he pulled out the Lunker for the day!!!

I can't believe I have been holding him back all this time. Maybe I should have listened to more of what he was saying back there. I can't wait to hear what he did so I can take notes. GrinCongratulations to everyone.

That was my first time at Cooper so I decide to cross over from the ramp and start fishing my way to the dam and back. I threw a Rapala DT4, spinner bait, Senko and Flapping Hog all day. Many fish chased my crank bait but no matter what color or retrieve I used I couldn't get them to bite. I caught my first keeper on a Senko just past those docks where they keep the crew boats. I guess in the middle of what turned out to a long day,Fishing3 I caught my second fish near the dam on a Flapping Hog.

basssteeler
BN you didnt put my honorible mention lol Grin

Here was my luck

i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/Bluejay_020/Bass%20Fishing/252551_223869410965243_100000265574692_892059_3380341_n.jpg

Haha This describes my day after that bass... Crappie

i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/Bluejay_020/Bass%20Fishing/255070_223877370964447_100000265574692_892087_7089412_n.jpg
Edited by basssteeler on 06/19/2011

jiggin den
Congrats to all the winners, and those who weighted in fish! I lost my only 3 fish that I had hit all day. all on jigs, and yes I did fish cranks, traps, finess worms, and a drop shot occassionally. The first may have been a keeper, but not sure as he came unbuttoned as I tried to pull him over some brush. The second I never saw but was definitely a keeper. My third really got my pressure going after I fought this fish around the boat, and finally got him to the surface,had the net which I thought was right under him and lifted up and up came my Jig and the net with no fish! Boy did I let out a few choice words with some bank anglers looking at me like I was a crazy person! Oh well still was great to get the season restarted! Nice report HawgHunter!!

Jiggin Den

fishintroop
Happy Father's Day to everyone! And congrats to the winnersclap My day started off with 2 quick fish on a Gambler Cane Toad swimming it through some branches. When that bite died I switched up to a stickbait and picked up 2 shorts. My bite died so then I just started flipping some cover with various baits. I started pitching a beaver and got my 3rd keeper around 11:30. Tried to cull out the smaller keeper but no luck.

i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz182/b_carione/cooperlimit.jpg

This was my first tourney at Cooper and I learned the hard way about where to go and not to go if you know what I mean2angry
Edited by fishintroop on 06/19/2011

Crappie Jon
Congrats to all the winners. my day:

Had my dad come out and fish with us for Fathers day. We pretty much fished soft plastics the whole day. We headed down the ramp shorline towards the dam and pops picked up 2 shorts right away on a 4" senko. I pick 2 shorts up also shortly after. around 8:30 my dad picks up his 1 keeper on the senko tossed into an overgrown tree. Then for me the strikeout convention commenced. probably missed like 8-10 bites, they just wouldnt commit to it which really made me mad because finesse is my strongest technique. Then to make matters worse i put my ro ddown for a minute to show my dad something and when not looking picked it back up CRACK! it somehow got wedged underneath my rod holder brackets for catfishing. it was only a $30-$40 berkley amp spinning rod but it was just the fact that it happened 2angry For the rest of the day we continue to pick some more shorts. We were by the dam around 11:55 so i kicked it in high gear and started heading back toward the ramp. After we got under the bridge i was crusin toward the ramp but stopping at every nice brushpile or pipe opening. FINALLY around 12:15 i toss a 4" powerworm up to a small pipe opening and put a keeer in the boat. At that point i was thrilled just to get something for the scale. See you guys next week!
Edited by Crappie Jon on 06/19/2011

BigNasty06
Great replies back guys!!!! Where is BassHopper and Joe Hosford? I know Joe had to be on cloud 9 when he pulled that 3.45lber into the boat!!!

Keep them coming guys!!! Even though I was not really there, I kinda know how it fished the previous week and would like to somewhat do a comparison....

Thanks in advance,
BN06
BN06, President

basssteeler
Congrats everybody. I caught my only 2 bass within 3 cast of each other. I caught that one and a dink within 3 cast. Then after that my day was just Crappie lol yayyy
Edited by basssteeler on 06/20/2011

Kyle
i got my first two keepers before 6:45 then nothing until about 9:00 when i caught a short and my third keeper almost back to back. then i spent the rest of the day trying everything in the tackle box without so much as a bite. all my fish came within 10ft of the bank on a square bill crank. congrats to Brian on his 2nd win of the year and to Joe and Chris on their 2nd and 3rd place finishes. hopefully we can keep bringing in #'s of fish like this the rest of the year. it was also nice to see someone win with more than 1 fish.clap

jiggin den
Ok Kyle I guess your talking about me. My first win of the year at the start of our season was not very impressive but nevertheless a WIN! and I'll take it! Hal had the 6 plus lbder and that was good enough also for a win. I know numbers are much more rewarding but catching less fish and winning is an accomplishment.

Jiggin Den

jimbo
jiggin den wrote:
Ok Kyle I guess your talking about me. My first win of the year at the start of our season was not very impressive but nevertheless a WIN! and I'll take it! Hal had the 6 plus lbder and that was good enough also for a win. I know numbers are much more rewarding but catching less fish and winning is an accomplishment.

Jiggin Den

I don't think he was putting anyone down for winning with one fish Den. I think his sentament was more along the lines as it was nice to see more fish caught on a whole! Then again I can't speak for anyone but myself...
It looks like Brian is running away with AoY! The rest of the top 6 is up for grabs though! It's going to get pretty interesting down the streatch... hmmm

I really had to scrabble to get my two fish. They must have been bunched up, because I also caught them within 10 minutes of each other! The fish wanted nothing to do with the patern they where on when I pre-fished last Sunday. The only real bites I got where on the bottem with a hollow bodied worm on a shackyhead jig... It was later in the morning say aroud 9:30 or so.

It is really nice to see all the sharing that is going on between our members!!! Everbody gets an A+ in sportsmanship... Well done men!clap
Jimbo

basssteeler
While I caught those 2. I would like to make an honorable mention to my dad lol
i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/Bluejay_020/Mobile%20Uploads/Image_00043.jpg
Nice Catty

Kyle
jiggin den wrote:

Jiggin Den

i'm sorry if what i ment to say came out wrong. i wasn't trying to put anyone down at all. i was just saying its nice to see that everyone is catching fish now. i think most people here would agree that we had a pretty slow start to the year #'s wise. i would never try to take anything away from anyone that wins, no matter what their weight or amount of fish was. There are many very skilled anglers in this club, and winning a tx or even finishing in the top 5 is an accomplishment. Once again i apologize if anybody took what i wrote the wrong way. see everyone this Sunday at the U.Fishing2

BigNasty06
Kyle wrote:
jiggin den wrote:

Jiggin Den

i'm sorry if what i ment to say came out wrong. i wasn't trying to put anyone down at all. i was just saying its nice to see that everyone is catching fish now. i think most people here would agree that we had a pretty slow start to the year #'s wise. i would never try to take anything away from anyone that wins, no matter what their weight or amount of fish was. There are many very skilled anglers in this club, and winning a tx or even finishing in the top 5 is an accomplishment. Once again i apologize if anybody took what i wrote the wrong way. see everyone this Sunday at the U.Fishing2

None taken!!! clap

I didn't take it as a stab.... All is good!!

BN06
BN06, President

BASS HOPPER
It's A little late but it was a top water bite for me. I had a limit by 7am 0n A pop-r and no more bites till 10-10:30 i caught one more keeper and lost A keeper. Thanks for the congrats guys.

BigNasty06
BASS HOPPER wrote:
It's A little late but it was a top water bite for me. I had a limit by 7am 0n A pop-r and no more bites till 10-10:30 i caught one more keeper and lost A keeper. Thanks for the congrats guys.

Wow... A topwater bit you say eh? Nice!! Did anyone venture pass Cuthbert Blvd. and if so, any bites down that way? In years past, I've always treked down that way with mixed results. Lately, it's been dead but since it's somewhat shallow getting back that far, I figure the fish are less pressured back in that area..... but what do I know!!!

LOL!!!
BN06 argue
BN06, President

BASS HOPPER
BigNasty06 wrote:
BASS HOPPER wrote:

Wow... A topwater bit you say eh? Nice!! Did anyone venture pass Cuthbert Blvd. and if so, any bites down that way? In years past, I've always treked down that way with mixed results. Lately, it's been dead but since it's somewhat shallow getting back that far, I figure the fish are less pressured back in that area..... but what do I know!!!

LOL!!!
BN06 argue
I started to but turned around I believe Lane went down that way
Edited by BASS HOPPER on 06/23/2011

jiggin den
I guess I did take it the wrong way Kyle, but now I see what your saying, and your right. No hard feelings. See ya on Sun.

Jiggin Den

fishintroop
BASS HOPPER wrote:
BigNasty06 wrote:
BASS HOPPER wrote:

LOL!!!
BN06 argue
I started to but turned around I believe Lane went down that way

I made it back to the channel okay, but got stuck twice trying to get back. It is shalllllllooooooowwww

jackson
Late response, but I went straight to the back past 130 in the morning. I had it all to myself for about an hour. I was culling by 7am, but they where all the same size. I ventured out to the main river after 9 looking for a bigger bite and still ended with the same small keepers.
Edited by jackson on 06/27/2011

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Dennis *Jiggen Den* Tolentino with 3 Bass weighing a Total 8.36 lbs
at LUMS SP
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. Jackson Fu
3. Dennis Tolentino
4. David Snedeker
5. Mike Del Monico
6. Rob Masterson

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< May 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Users Online
· Guests Online: 9

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
BigNasty0602:47:38
Scooter16:12:02
Riversofash5 1 week
billylee 2 weeks
moe 4 weeks
Scotto53 5 weeks
topgunmatt1 8 weeks
rvansciver10 weeks
fishintroop32 weeks
BluntedBassMike34 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI