· Slap count: 0
· Last checked ID: 258
2023 SJHT Bass Classic participants

2023 SJHT Bass Classic Anglers final Day at Salem Canal 10-01-23
View Thread
 Print Thread
Sassafras River Maryland
jiggin den
Fished my Pa. club on Wed yes Wed. They made all the tournaments this year on Wednesdays because they are all retired except for me. I took a vacation day and fished it knowing it was finally going to be nice weather. It was a beautiful day out there and I managed to pull it off with a win and lunker! with only 2 fish for an even 5 lbs. One member fished with me and he had 2 also. Rest of the members had one or none. Only about 9-10 guys fished. And of couse got em on jigs. My big fish was 3.6 oz. Nevertheless a beautiful day in the 80's!!!!'

Jiggin Den

BASS HOPPER
Congrats Dennis on your win and lunkerthumbup

jimbo
Awesome! It was a really nice day! Way to put a hurting on the retirement crew...
So how did the "Stratos" run? What where the water temps down there? Did you see any bedding fish? How far away is that place? hmmm
Jimbo

Kyle
congrats on the win and lunker Den.

jiggin den
Thanks guys. Jimbo the Stratos ran great! Sarted right up. First time I ran her this year. As long as you winterize every year before you put her to bed, you should have no problems. I fog the plugs ( my engine has a carburator) Yours I believe is fuel injected, and alot quieter than mine. I also change the lower unit oil and add Fuel Stabilizer then run it a few minutes with the ear muffs on with a hose attachemnt to get the Stabilizer in the carburator, and your good for the winter. The water temps were 54-61. Did not see any beds or bedding fish. Water was kinda murky. I didn't fish the main river, but went right into the creek fingers figuring the fish should be making beds and the females not far behind. My 2 fish and the guy that fished with me had 2 also, were all caught next to overhanging trees and laydowns. The Sassafras is about an hour or so from my house early in a.m. coming home maybe a little longer. We fished out of Duffy's Marina It cost's $12.00 to launch you boat.

jimbo
jiggin den wrote:
Thanks guys. Jimbo the Stratos ran great! Sarted right up. First time I ran her this year. As long as you winterize every year before you put her to bed, you should have no problems. I fog the plugs ( my engine has a carburator) Yours I believe is fuel injected, and alot quieter than mine. I also change the lower unit oil and add Fuel Stabilizer then run it a few minutes with the ear muffs on with a hose attachemnt to get the Stabilizer in the carburator, and your good for the winter. The water temps were 54-61. Did not see any beds or bedding fish. Water was kinda murky. I didn't fish the main river, but went right into the creek fingers figuring the fish should be making beds and the females not far behind. My 2 fish and the guy that fished with me had 2 also, were all caught next to overhanging trees and laydowns. The Sassafras is about an hour or so from my house early in a.m. coming home maybe a little longer. We fished out of Duffy's Marina It cost's $12.00 to launch you boat.

Thanks for the info... Glad to see she ran well! Yes my Mercury is fuel injected. I finaly got her out for the maiden voyage on Wednesday! No fishing, but I loved every minute!!! I went with Spencer Hatton from Top Rod, He has a Z-8 and he really help me with the first hour and a half of my break-in!
Jimbo

jiggin den
Nice!!!! Now you can't wait to fish on it!!!! Wish you the best with it!!!

Jiggin Den

fishintroop
Congrats Den! Way to get on the fish

jackson
Great job Den

BigNasty06
Wow!!!! Way to go Den 1st and Lunker on the Sassafras!!! yayyy Nice!!!

It sounds like those creeks are about to be on and popping with some spawning activity!!! I still can't believe they scheduled a tournament in the middle of the week. Way to play hooky!!! LOL!!!

I would have done the same thing!!

Congrats once again and Thanks for sharing!!!
BN06
BN06, President

jiggin den
They actually changed all our tournaments to every other Wed., Because the rest of the club are all retired guys except for me. I told them I would pick and choose the tournaments I want to fish, because I have to take vacation time to fish them. I get 5 weeks so I will probably fish atleast 1/2 of them or more??? Definitely won't miss Salem!!!

Jiggin Den

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Dennis *Jiggen Den* Tolentino with 3 Bass weighing a Total 8.36 lbs
at LUMS SP
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. Jackson Fu
3. Dennis Tolentino
4. David Snedeker
5. Mike Del Monico
6. Rob Masterson

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< May 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Users Online
· Guests Online: 8

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
topgunmatt104:41:11
BigNasty06 1 day
Scooter 1 day
Riversofash5 1 week
billylee 2 weeks
moe 4 weeks
Scotto53 5 weeks
rvansciver10 weeks
fishintroop32 weeks
BluntedBassMike34 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI