· Slap count: 0
· Last checked ID: 258
2023 SJHT Bass Classic participants

2023 SJHT Bass Classic Anglers final Day at Salem Canal 10-01-23
View Thread
 Print Thread
Lake Lenape Pre-Registration Application
BigNasty06
Good morning fellow SJHT members and potential members. In an effort to continue to gauge our ability to schedule Lake Lenape on our 2011 List of Lakes to fish, I'm posting a .PDF file and weblink for each boater to fill out, register, and submit back to the:

http://www.aclink..._power.pdf

Atlantic County, NJ Recreation & Leisure weblink:

http://www.aclink...Lenape.asp

Atlantic County Parks
Mays Landing, NJ 08330-4306

In a nutshell, if we have those interested members follow the instructions on the PDF file, I'm hoping to squeeze this tournament in on possibly SUN. August 21, 2011 8am-2pm or switch it for the Newton Lake Tournament SAT. August 13, 2011.

In the meantime, even if these dates are not available, I would still just like to fish it....just because.

BN06
Edited by BigNasty06 on 02/13/2011
BN06, President

Kyle
i hope everything works out for the lenape lake tournement. there are some real hogs in there. thanks BN for trying to put this thing together.thumbup

BigNasty06
Okay ladies and gentlemen,
It's a definitely go!!!

I will be adding Lake Lenape to the 2011 schedule for Sunday, August 21, 2011. Start time 8am- 2pm.

Note: When you click on the above link to fill out the "Pre-Registration Application" Lake Lenape Low- Power Boat.

One should mail back copies of these documents:
* Copy of your Driver's License with your Boater's endorsement showing.
* Copy of the operators Boaters Safety Card.
* Copy of the Boats Registration card.
* Copy of your Boat Trailer Registration Card.
* Also include a stamped, self-address return envelope (so they can mail you your Lake Lenape Registration Card back to your home location)

The mail-to address should be:

Atlantic County Parks
Attn: Lake Lenape Boat House Office
6303 Old Haring Highway
Mays Landing, NJ 08330-4306
Ph. 609-625-8219

Note: All of this can also be done in person if one chooses, but I highly recommend it's done before our tournament date. There office hours are between 7:15am till 5:00pm seven days a week.

If an angler has a boat over the 9.9hp rating and are planning on running it, then he or she will be registered as a High-power boat. That in effect would require the min. $500,000 of marine liability insurance in an approval form to be shown. I know for the most part, we all pretty much running our basic trolling motors, but for those planning on fishing this tournament, the max. speed on Lake Lenape is 40MPH!

I will be contacting BigFred to update our Master 2011 SJHT schedule to reflect the added Club tournament date. Sunday was chosen to balance out the number of tournaments fished in the month of August and there are less Regattas scheduled on Sundays. (If anyone was curious)

So, I'll leave it to everyone to take the necessary steps in submitting copies of the requested documents to the Lake Lenap Boat House office.

Have a good day,
BN06
Edited by BigNasty06 on 02/03/2011
BN06, President

BigNasty06
Another thing to which to add as per Big Fred:

"For my club, we make everyone go there (at their leisure) ahead of time and get their own launch ramp permit sticker. Just tell the members the four documents they need to have with them. On the morning of your tournament, each guy has to go into the office and tell them the number on his sticker. That's it. (And no outboard motors to be started prior to 7:30 am.)"

Email from BigFred.....

Alright... that should do it guys\gals!
Good Luck,
BN06
BN06, President

Kyle
good stuff:D

basssteeler
Is this a 12" Bass lake or 15" .

BigNasty06
basssteeler09 wrote:
Is this a 12" Bass lake or 15" .

This is a 12" Bass lake Justin. clap

Since the weather was a little mild and I wanted to check out the boat ramp area, I actually registered today my boat, trailer, tow vehicle, presented Boaters Safety card, DL# with Boat Endorsement, along with my $5.00 fee.

Here is a pic of the boat ramp
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/LakeLenapeBoatRamp-02-13-11.jpg

Here is a pic looking upward from the boat ramp.
i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/LakeLenapeBoatRampentrance-02-13-11.jpg

The turning radius is a little tight but definitely navigable.

I recieved my Green colored "Atlantic County Parks and Recreation Lake Lenape Low Power Boating Permit" which expires 12/31/11. This Green Decal should be placed along the righ-hand side of your boat. Somewhat near your NJ\PA\Delaware Boat Registration Decal number.

The purpose of placing along the right-hand is to help with checking boats as it enters\passes the Boat office...which is to the right of the main boat ramp entrance.

Guys & Gals.... a guy named "Clayton" was very helpful. He has a Copier machine in his office so if you don't have copies made in advance, he can do so for you. He'll take your required documentation along with your filled-out application form and enter it into the computer. You will be assigned a Lake Lenape Boat#. That number will be on the Green-Colored decal and also stored in there "Low-Power" section of there Database.

If you have a boat greater than 9.9hp and you have the required coverage, (i.e. $500,000.00), there will be only 8 boats allowed to run there bigger motors on given days. There is somewhat an exception though. If you call and tell them that you plan on running your higher output motor a week before say your tournament date, they will make some exceptions. The boat ramp is approximately 80ft from the Boat office. Thus arriving early, checking your Lake Lenape Boat number with the Boat office, and then putting in the water is key.

Note: I also grabbed a couple of copies of Lake Lenape Habitat Enhancement Project with GPS coordinates. Ironically, the locations are not too far from the boat ramp. LOL!!!

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BigNasty06/LakeLenapeHabitatGPScoordinates-02-13-11.jpg

This image is only the Southern end of Lake Lenape. There are many docks and some shallower water as one heads North a bit.

The ride down was very easy. I found that taking RT. 322 Eastbound and making the righthand turn onto Weymouth Road (which runs somewhat parallel to Lake Lenape) was quite simple.

Don't wait till the last minute ladies and gentlemen.

BN06
Edited by BigNasty06 on 02/14/2011
BN06, President

Basser995
I am in! I am already resgistered at Lenape! Great Lake big fish!

BigNasty06
Basser995 wrote:
I am in! I am already resgistered at Lenape! Great Lake big fish!

Layne...you may already be in the system, but I believe you still have to pay the yearly $5.00 permit fee.

The place in person looks very promising.

BN06
BN06, President

Kyle
the water level is still low right now due to the dam being improved. it should be completed by the end of spring i heard, but even if not the lake is plenty deep so it will not be a problem. in my past experience with the bass fishing in this lake its either on or off, no inbetween. and if the fishing is good the day of the tx we WILL see several 4lb+ fish brought to the scales.

Basser995
I am in and paid. I do this every January!

Basser995
I know this place pretty well----do not run full throttle in the back----stumps stumps and more stumps! Lots of sand bars too- But this place fishes big- Lots of shore line- some boat docks, deep drop offs to about 20' , points and plently of stumps to fish. Plus you can go up the river if you choose.
Lots of fun at this place.

BigNasty06
Basser995 wrote:
I know this place pretty well----do not run full throttle in the back----stumps stumps and more stumps! Lots of sand bars too- But this place fishes big- Lots of shore line- some boat docks, deep drop offs to about 20' , points and plently of stumps to fish. Plus you can go up the river if you choose.
Lots of fun at this place.

Okay.. Cool. So you know the drill!!! clap Thanks for you and Kyle's insights into this lake. I was hoping to originally schedule this TX right as the Bass Season was reopening in June, but there was another club already scheduled (BigFred's cluCool already in that spot...So Cooper River Park stayed where it was. I'll keep that in mind for putting the 2012 schedule together. Hey.... it what it is. I Promise to be more ontop of stuff like this in the future....but we got it for August...so we shall see.

BN06
BN06, President

jimbo
I'm IN!!!
What a nice looking fishery... I can't wait for this one!
Nice work Prez clap I may find myself out there quite a bit this spring! yup
Edited by jimbo on 02/17/2011

BigNasty06
Bump!!!!

jimbo
hiIMPORTANT NOTICEhi

BTW IF you have a high horsepower boat you need to reserve a spot on the lake for that morning. By going to the office and requesting it! I think they only allow 8 high horsepower boats a day! High HP is anything above 9.9hp! They will not do it over the phone... You also have to allow them to be a notified party on your insurence!
Jimbo

jackson
Im a bit confused. Is it ok just to mail in the registration or do you have to go there prior to the tournament to register your boat? Also, I dont have $500,00 insurance on my boat, but I would like to run a 8hp kicker motor instead of my 35hp outboard that is not removable. Do you think Ill have any issues with legality registering as a low hp?

BigNasty06
jackson wrote:
Also, I dont have $500,00 insurance on my boat, but I would like to run a 8hp kicker motor instead of my 35hp outboard that is not removable. Do you think Ill have any issues with legality registering as a low hp?

Jackson...if you're just planning on running your 9.9hp motor or lower, one does not need any insurance. You will be fine. Regardinging the registration process, as I mentioned earlier, one can do this in person before our scheduled tournament date or they can mail in the requested copy of the information requested.

Back in January of this year, since I had never visited Lake Lenape, I wanted to see it for myself. In that trip, I simply brought the requested information along with the $5 boat permit fee and the ranger (photocopied my information) and inputted right into the computer system. I was then give a LP (Lower Power Green Sticker) to place on the right bow of my boat.

If one has a HP (High Powered) motor, then the necessary information along with the $500K verification policy proof would be required.

So anyone with a 9.9hp or lower outboard still needs to register and recieve there Green LP Sticker and permit number.

VR,
BN06
BN06, President

jimbo
BigNasty06 wrote:
jackson wrote:
Also, I dont have $500,00 insurance on my boat, but I would like to run a 8hp kicker motor instead of my 35hp outboard that is not removable. Do you think Ill have any issues with legality registering as a low hp?

Jackson...if you're just planning on running your 9.9hp motor or lower, one does not need any insurance. You will be fine. Regardinging the registration process, as I mentioned earlier, one can do this in person before our scheduled tournament date or they can mail in the requested copy of the information requested.

Back in January of this year, since I had never visited Lake Lenape, I wanted to see it for myself. In that trip, I simply brought the requested information along with the $5 boat permit fee and the ranger (photocopied my information) and inputted right into the computer system. I was then give a LP (Lower Power Green Sticker) to place on the right bow of my boat.

If one has a HP (High Powered) motor, then the necessary information along with the $500K verification policy proof would be required.

So anyone with a 9.9hp or lower outboard still needs to register and recieve there Green LP Sticker and permit number.

VR,
BN06

I'm not sure you answered his Question BN... He has a HP(high powered) motor, but wants to only run his 8hp kicker!!! I think he needs to call and talk to the ranger ASAP...
Jimbo

jackson
Ill call the ranger for more info, thanks guys.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Dennis *Jiggen Den* Tolentino with 3 Bass weighing a Total 8.36 lbs
at LUMS SP
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. Jackson Fu
3. Dennis Tolentino
4. David Snedeker
5. Mike Del Monico
6. Rob Masterson

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< May 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Users Online
· Guests Online: 9

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
BigNasty0621:03:46
Scooter 1 day
Riversofash5 1 week
billylee 2 weeks
moe 4 weeks
Scotto53 5 weeks
topgunmatt1 8 weeks
rvansciver10 weeks
fishintroop32 weeks
BluntedBassMike34 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI