BotSlap Panel
· Last check: 05/03/2024 02:10
· Slap count: 0
· Last checked ID: 258
2023 SJHT Bass Classic participants

2023 SJHT Bass Classic Anglers final Day at Salem Canal 10-01-23
View Thread
 Print Thread
Note: Possible Farrington Lake Switch...
BigNasty06
Due to Low waters!!!

Guys and Gals,
I was alerted to the fact that Farrington Lake has extremely low water levels at this present time. The area down by Church Lane (overpass crossing) was pretty much dried up. The water depths were approx. 8'~15' away from the shoreline. Basically...leaving the area out in dead center to fish.

Local anglers have reported only catching fish early in the AM or as night falls close to shore. From my memory, Farrington is not that deep out in the middle.

I'm waiting for a updated conflict list from Big Fred and will then throw out some of our options. Off the top of my head and looking at an older conflict list with deeper bodies of water, (DoD, Union Lake, Stewarts Lake, and Rainbow) somewhat comes to mind. I want this to be a good Final regular season Club Tournament. Plenty of water, good structure, room to move around, and so on.

Stay tuned...as I should have more info. by this evening.

These are the benefits of living in New Jersey and working around drought plague bodies of water.

BN06
Edited by BigNasty06 on 09/01/2010
BN06, President

tboebass
Just tell me where and when and I'm there.

jimbo
tboebass wrote:

NO!!! I think we should make you guess where we're fishing... Pfft
Jimbo

tboebass
jimbo wrote:
tboebass wrote:

NO!!! I think we should make you guess where we're fishing... Pfft

Try to be nice and this is the thanks I get byebye

basssteeler
Stewarts Lake is Pretty low too. Last time My dad and I drove by it which was last weekend. It was a least 6 inches lower than it usually is.

ram1212
I vote for anything that isnt on the most southern tip of NJ.

jimbo
I'm with Tboe on this one! Name a lake and I will fish it...
To tell you the trueth I'm not going to miss the drive all the way up to Farington! hi
Jimbo

BigNasty06
Fellas,
After reviewing the latest Conflict List, Mirror Lake is out (Five Alive will be there). Rainbow is out due to Fish and Game (i.e. Chris Smith) allowing only 1 club tournament per season since it re-open this past year.

This leaves us with Sweedes, DoD, and maybe Parvin. I know you guys will pretty much fish anywhere, but I was hoping for a body of water big enough in size (i.e. to spread out) and deep enough to offer various techniques.

I'm somewhat leaning towards DoD but that would require a WMA Permit which I'm not sure I can get by this coming Saturday. Sweedes....from what I can tell from the Conflict List has not really been tournament pressured this year.... and Parvin....well you know you need at least 15" for a keeper there.

Guys...feedback and thoughts are welcomed and appreciated.

BTW.... Hope that everyone is having a safe and joyous Labor day weekend.

Thanks,
BN06
BN06, President

tboebass
Please make a decesion. I need to make plans for either being there or not being there.

cpalmer
Lake lenape? Union? Are big body of water to be spread out in

ram1212
Ill fish where ever you decide. Out of what was proposed I would prefer DoD or Sweedes, in that order.

Kyle
im down to fish anywhere but if i had to choose it would be Salem Canal, Lake Lenape, or Union Lake in that order. Lake Lenape is a great big fish lake, but like Manasquan, you have to have a permit to fish there which cost $5 for the year. Also if you plan on using a motor with more than 10 h.p. you must have $500,000 liability boat insurance. like Big Nasty 06 said, we should definitly fish a lake that is big enough for all of us to have a little elbow room. looney

jiggin den
Canal for me and Al.

Jiggin Den

tboebass
Canal is fishing tuff. I fished a T there today and 5 fish for 4.96 took 1st. Just Sayin. Also 5 alive is there next Sunday and I believe another club is there Saturday.

cpalmer
Let's start a vote.
I'm for union

tboebass
It's not that easy Chris. BN has to look at the SJBCA conflict list to make sure we don't conflict with another club and we can't just have a T at a WMA lake without a permit. I believe the lakes he listed in his earlier post gave us the lakes that are available to us.

cpalmer
i got ya .... but i do beleive union was one of them

ram1212
I am close to Farrington, so if you guys want me to make a run there to double check I can. Just let me know. Other then that I gave my 2 cents as to where we should move it to and Ill stand by to hear final decision.

I think we should make a decision quickly though before we end up not fishing.

jimbo
BigNasty06 wrote:

This leaves us with Sweedes, DoD, and maybe Parvin.

Thanks,
BN06

Any of these would be fine with me!!! thumbup
Jimbo

BigNasty06
Alright.. Gents.

D.O.D it is!!!! There are no clubs fishing there on that given date. Chris Smith will be processing the WMA Permit approval.

Tournament start and end time is the same!!!

My apologies for the delay but like Tboe stated, we can't just pick a lake and possibly conflict with another SJBCA club. For the record, I thought about Salem Canal (out due to other club being there), Lake Lenape (but the outboard rules along with insurance verfication would have caused another issue), Union Lake was considered but there is another club there also.

GoneFishin and 5BigGirls.... I'm all about fishing the conditions mother natures provides for us but to drive like 1 1/2hr knowing that the water levels are tremendously low (just doesn't make sense) especially for those couple of members vying for End of the year points race battles and AOY. The only other exception with low water conditions would say be the Manasquan Resver....but that place is way big enough to spread out and not be ontop of one another.

Now...I know you guys will fish pretty much anywhere. I'm not debating that but I believe it's only right (if the schedule\lake selection allows) to switch\alter a end of the season tournament.

For the Classic, which will be held at Newton Lake on Day 1 and Cooper River Park on Day 2, everyone knows what happen the last time we fished Newton. It pretty much Sucked Balls. Will we face those same conditions that we did in Mid August? I hope not. I'm hoping the cooler water temps along stable weather turns those bass on.

Word on the street is that Cooper River has been fishing somewhat crappy too!!! Do you not show up? All I'm saying and this is to fairness to all members especially those who have battled week in and week out.... lets go do the damn thing and have fun doing so.

Trust me.... I tossed various ideas back and forth and under the circumstance in scheduling, big enough water, and a place that can produce some decent 3 for ??? for whatever lbs. D.O.D. is the choice.

Schedule has been\will be updated to reflect change.

BN06
Edited by BigNasty06 on 09/05/2010
BN06, President

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Dennis *Jiggen Den* Tolentino with 3 Bass weighing a Total 8.36 lbs
at LUMS SP
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. Jackson Fu
3. Dennis Tolentino
4. David Snedeker
5. Mike Del Monico
6. Rob Masterson

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< May 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Users Online
· Guests Online: 8

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
BigNasty0618:15:58
Scooter 1 day
Riversofash5 1 week
billylee 2 weeks
moe 4 weeks
Scotto53 5 weeks
topgunmatt1 8 weeks
rvansciver10 weeks
fishintroop32 weeks
BluntedBassMike34 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI